Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thinking about this and does the low price point justify the high customization?

I was thinking that while looking at different bikes and forums that there seems to be a HUGE aftermarket support for customizing the Grom, where most other bikes are performance mods only.

But I don't know if I could justify spending upwards of 1k on a bike that costs 3k. But thinking about it, I give it a few months before you guys have more aftermarket mod cost than the cost of the bike itself.

·
Registered
124 Posts
In my opinion customization is done for your enjoyment only. You can rarely get the money back that you've spent on it. You have to ride your money's worth out of any extras that you buy. Just keep that in mind and enjoy!

·
Registered
396 Posts
Agreed. If you know what your getting into and happy with your investment, money shouldn't be an issue so as long as your happy with what it is your doing to it. If your adding things here and there, that should only keep you happy and satisfied over time.

I for one am extremely over-analytical when I invest in something and will do my research on it in all aspects until I can't fully justify the investment. The main thing in terms of a vehicle for me is I prefer something I can keep long-term so time is taken into consideration too, therefore I know what I'm getting into fully, so modding it should only make things better in the short and long-term.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
77 Posts
Just depends, If you could find enoyment on bike this size maybe some would just invest in what they are comfortable with. Speed isnt always the concenring factor.

·
Registered
157 Posts
The Honda Grom is one of the more affordable bikes for it's kind. Comparing it to other it is a lot less but you can also end up spending way more than the bikes worth but as long as it makes you happy who is going to complain...?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Well my thinking is that if someone can buy two different bikes say the Grom at 3k and a larger bike at 15k. Do you buy the 3k bike and put more $$$ into it based on appearance and performance or do you buy the bigger bike and not mod it? SO MANY OPTIONS!
Not to argue your point as it's well taken, but I've owned more expensive bikes and still felt the need to customize them to a certain degree just to make them "perfect" for me. I think most people do as some accessories are just too tempting.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Not to argue your point as it's well taken, but I've owned more expensive bikes and still felt the need to customize them to a certain degree just to make them "perfect" for me. I think most people do as some accessories are just too tempting.
It's different for everybody. some people are fine just riding it as it is and will keep it that way for the rest of the bikes life. However most of the time I would like a more comfortable seat. That is one of the changes I always look forward to doing.

·
Registered
44 Posts
and some would just spend their life savings making it look tricked out. sometimes even more than the bikes worth. I can see this happening for the grom.

·
Registered
157 Posts
it's all about the right feel and being comfortable when riding. everybody is different. for some it might be the handle bar height, maybe even the riding position.

one glove could fit different for every one.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
and some would just spend their life savings making it look tricked out. sometimes even more than the bikes worth. I can see this happening for the grom.
Honda Grom - 3500 OTD
LookGood Goodies - 3000
Performance Mods - 3000
The look on your face when you feel like a kid again - Priceless.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Honda Grom - 3500 OTD
LookGood Goodies - 3000
Performance Mods - 3000
The look on your face when you feel like a kid again - Priceless.
$6000 mod budget! That is one fat budget! Going to be on hell of a GROM thats for sure.

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
Yeah it's a bike we can all afford to customize the way we want

·
Registered
21 Posts
I will customize it for sure. Half the fun of having a bike for me is fixing it up and personalizing it. I want to pull the plastic off the Grom and make it into an awesome ratbike.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts