Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So with Groms starting to invade our streets its getting about that time we start thinking about Motorsports and the Grom. I know the MSX125 is a pretty popular entry level race bike globally. The thing that’s cool about the Grom is your ability to push it to its limits and beyond and still live to tell the tale. Anyone who comes from a sport or super sport knows what im talking about. You can wring the Groms neck yet still feel relatively safe.

I was floating around google today and I found some cool videos of the Grom in race action.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kN7IUXep8jY]MSX125 One Make Race Honda Sport Day - YouTube[/ame]

And this video of a full race spec system for the Grom, so clearly people are thinking about it ;)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0R-P7I2eQ3I]Racing Spec full system For Honda Msx125 / Grom Carbon - YouTube[/ame]

But the real question is, would a Grom racing series be better suited to pavement or dirt?

·
Registered
108 Posts
That race looks like so much fun! That course is just a snake. Turn after turn after turn. Makes me want a Grom even more.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
either works. i believe that race was a promotional event held by honda. guess to encourage people that the GROM can be used for minibike racing.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
either works. i believe that race was a promotional event held by honda. guess to encourage people that the GROM can be used for minibike racing.
do you think the Grom could handle the abuse of a motocross race though? Not to mention does it have enough power to get you airborne?

P.S I love the way those guys are knee dropping the Grom through the twistys :cool:

·
Registered
26 Posts
do you think the Grom could handle the abuse of a motocross race though? Not to mention does it have enough power to get you airborne?

P.S I love the way those guys are knee dropping the Grom through the twistys :cool:
Definitely would be hesitant before jumping the snot out of it, but if it will run 60mph... Hell yeah, you could launch it into orbit, but might not withstand the landing. :p

·
Registered
17 Posts

Suspension is way to short and soft to handle motocross

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i think the new yoshi shock might be a good upgrade to make the grom more of a motorcross bike
Was just clicking through the Yoshi site, seems they only have exhausts and fender delete kits up right now... SO the Grom needs a new shock for any jumping, what about the forks do you think they'll take it?

I'm probably not going to race my Grom, but I am contemplating a Grom Scrambler build or a Grom cafe-racer build it just depends on what parts and options are available, of course I'll need to get my hands on one as well..

·
Registered
175 Posts
We need some of these official races in North America just for Groms and official sponsored by Honda! It would be awesome. How many of you would be in?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts