Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do we have any enthusiasts who are planning to ride their Grom through the fall and winter, snow and rain? If you get heated gloves and a heated vest it would definitely be possible. Would you also need to change the tires to drive on ice/snow? I guess it also matters where you are living...

·
Registered
86 Posts
Doesn't really sound very fun to me. I am thinking that the Grom will be a summer time bike. It gets way to cold in the winter in the northeast to be riding around on a bike. The wind chill would be killer.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
yea not fun at all.

Riding in the rain = sucks
riding in the cold = sucks
riding in the extreme heat = sucks
riding in the snow?! = god dam

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cali we get to ride year round, if its raining i dont ride tho
Whats the coldest it gets in the winter? It's crazy that even at the coldest temperatures you get there you can still ride. I guess that is what happens when you live somewhere where it never snows.

·
Registered
995 Posts
yea not fun at all.

Riding in the rain = sucks
riding in the cold = sucks
riding in the extreme heat = sucks
riding in the snow?! = god dam
Yeah riding is not one of those things you want to do in extreme weather, at least with me it's like that, conditions need to be ideal. After all what good is riding if you won't enjoy it.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I've ridden in the snow before. Sure, it wasn't the smartest idea, nor the most fun, or at all the safest, but I did it. I rode in the rain a LOT, and actually enjoyed it. Do I encourage everyone to? Absolutely not. Would I do it on a Grom? Depends on the tires.

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
Do we have any enthusiasts who are planning to ride their Grom through the fall and winter, snow and rain? If you get heated gloves and a heated vest it would definitely be possible. Would you also need to change the tires to drive on ice/snow? I guess it also matters where you are living...
12" wheels with shitty scooter tires? no thank you. maybe if i get a separate set of rain tires (yes they make them)

The nsr sucks enough in the rain that i know i will never go gromming in it (well, maybe if i get caught out).

·
Registered
62 Posts
I was out in heavy rain yesterday on the way home. With your waterproof gear and steady riding its fine, tyres werent as bad as many make out either.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I would like to see someone ride the grom through the cold winters. Studded tires, heated seats, grips, jacket, heated boots. so much things on you would be like the michelin man and have no sensitivity what so ever.

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
I would like to see someone ride the grom through the cold winters. Studded tires, heated seats, grips, jacket, heated boots. so much things on you would be like the michelin man and have no sensitivity what so ever.
i doubt the grom has enough juice to run my 90w firstgear liner...

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OX_weIUwd_o]EXTREME 258 KM/H SUR LA GLACE : MATCH PORSCHE GT3 RS FACE A YAMAHA YZF 1000 R1 - YouTube[/ame]

gonna do some of this with the GROM? lol

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
its fun with the right tires and technique. lol

dont just take the GROM and go out there the way it is if you've never ridden on snow.

Falling on ice and snow HURT.

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
I intend to ride mine year round.

I don't understand where your question came from. Do you ask car drivers if they are going to stop driving once winter hits? Nope. So why would you ask that about a motorcycle? It's a darn vehicle isn't it?
mostly because many of my friends switch to snowmobiles for fun and studded snow tires on their cars for commuting by mid December...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts