GromForum.com banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
I don't know the brand - but D locks are normally easy to break - even good expensive ones

A portable car straightening jack pops them open quickly and quietly and is reasonably portable to allow the scroats to get away your bike!

Chains are much more difficult - BIG chains!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Yes the MSX, Raptor, KLX and FZ1 are all secured like this plus they have immobilisers and an alarm too on FZ1

Can't be too carefully

Also the rotties now live right next to the garage too!
Can't go wrong with dogs, but maybe a piece of meat migth throw them off lol :D

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hey simon audi you need poison darts and flame throwers up in that biatch!

imagine coming home and they are out on the floor hahha

·
Registered
20 Posts
Trouble is in the UK if they get hurt on your property - you are liable - even if your dog bites them when they are robbing you!

You end up going to prison for having a dangerous weapon (dog), your dog put down, and the scroat gets a fine!

Some of your USA laws are better! Where you can kill them if you feared for your life!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Gorilla alarm and the heaviest chain at Lowe's. It sounded like a gun going off in the store when they finally managed to cut one side of the chain link in the store (took about 30sec with their awesome hydraulic chain link cutter). I feel that would be sufficient to set off the alarm so the thieves get to listen to that as they try and make it through the second half of the chain.

·
Registered
14 Posts
i use a xena disc lock with a built in motion sensor with alarm. it's pretty sensitive and very loud so if someone tries to move the bike or remove the lock it goes off.

in the end nothing will stop a thief if they really want your bike. it's about making it inconvenient enough that they won't want to.

Insurance that covers theft is the best security.

·
Registered
17 Posts
That is a good option, but if you live in an area where there is high motorcycle theft, you will want to actually try and get the chain around the swingarm instead of just the wheel. I have seen several bikes (all gixxers) where they ran the chain or u-lock through the rear wheel and the thief just took off the rear axle and left the wheel but took the rest of the bike

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Trouble is in the UK if they get hurt on your property - you are liable - even if your dog bites them when they are robbing you!

You end up going to prison for having a dangerous weapon (dog), your dog put down, and the scroat gets a fine!

Some of your USA laws are better! Where you can kill them if you feared for your life!
what if you hurt them on your own property for trespassing? Is that legal? :confused:

21 - 34 of 34 Posts