Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Needed to have some expert work on my 1982 RX-7 tranny since I was having bearing noise so the Grom was used to deliver the tranny to Rotorsports on the EL Camino Real in Santa Clara. The owner Paul Elenga knows his stuff on RX7/8.

Only problem was there was no tight fit splitting lanes with out the tranny scraping some car/truck sides.

The Grom load balance and RX-7 tranny tie down

·
Registered
256 Posts
I'll be back in a minute when I find the correct image to show how awesome this is...

For now I'll start with, You the man!!!

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Jose, why do I imagine that you could've just took some straps and wore it like a backpack? What's the weight?

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jose, why do I imagine that you could've just took some straps and wore it like a backpack? What's the weight?
Not sure about the weight, but most things I pickup or push seems light.

I can pick up the Grom with no problem

I can pick up the Hayabusa rear section and move the motorcycle back part around same with my Harleys "FATBOY/HERITAGE".

The Mazda RX-7 tranny is light to me. My guess is around 45-50 lbs.

Anyone seen my bag pipes, happy St Patrick's day mates

·
Premium Member
941 Posts
I'm wanting to know the weight of it also ?

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm wanting to know the weight of it also ?

I'll weight it after I get it back from the Rotorsport shop. Paul Elenga that owns Rotorsport is the person to see if you want your Mazda RX7/8 fix or repaired. He also has some nice modified RX7/8 cars that show up at his shop.

ROTORSPORT, MAZDA Service & Repair: Pistons & Rotarys alike!

I got my RX7 cleaned by a RX2 that he modified when I tried to race the RX2 on one of our expressway, ******* had all the go fast parts and more than likely had a 13B engine in the RX2.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
holy!!

that is alot of weight on the back of that thing.

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
That's not a lot of weight... I will run and pick up my oldest kid sometimes. I weigh 265 and she's about 115. Of course my kid can hang on, that transmission is at the mercy of the straps and bungee cords! LOL

1 - 10 of 10 Posts