Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Video comes to us from Sweden where a couple of good ol' boys took the Grom out to the local kart track for some hotlapping... The Groms look stock... BTW is that pedal scrape you can hear through the twisties?

[ame]http://vimeo.com/67190634[/ame]

Edit: sorry, Vimeo doesn't embed...

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
next sunday for me!

·
Registered
23 Posts
LOL, funny to see my post here from another forum with my comments intact too about Sweden, stock bikes and peg scraping.

Anyways, my user account is fixed here so I can finally post and the first thing worth talking about are these pegs. They need to go. Tyga is working up some rearsets so I'm waiting to see the finished product but has anyone else noticed how awkward it is tryng to get a knee down on this bike?

I'm eager to get out on the track (kart), but unless I go supermoto style foot out I think I'm going to wait for some decent rearsets.

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
seriously?? Whats the plan? Tell me you've found an all grom series already:D:D or are you just taking it up to the track?
i race with njminigp.com i'm racing my nsr50 and crf100 and bringing the grom for some lunchtime demo laps (not safetywired yet, no catchcan yet, haven't pulled street parts). we are talking about a spec class for next year if we get enough of these in the club (have 2 already, 3 on order).

·
Registered
95 Posts
Our rear sets will be multi adjustable so we are confident that they will provide a good position for racing as well as general use. Just got to finalise the design and get them machined.

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2TidYepJv0"]Grom on njmp carting track with njminigp - YouTube[/ame]

verdict:
engine way better than any of our minis. smoooooooth. and noticeably more power

needs thinner front tire (for more precise steering and handling laid over)
needs springs and heavier oil
needs a shock
still needs rearsets
still needs a bar

1 - 11 of 11 Posts