Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone.

Just picked up my '14 in black today. The 22 miles home was awesome and more fun than I thought I'd have and I knew it was gonna be fun. Can't wait to put more miles on it and play around with some of the aftermarket stuff out there for it.

A little about me, my name is Tim and I live on the northside of Phoenix, AZ. I've been riding for around 30 years, although not much over the last 5. I started out on a Honda XR75 then went to a Yamaha Enduro 250 as a kid. When I turned 16 I got a '81 Yamaha Maxim 550 that I rode for a few years and traded it in on a '94 CBR600F2 which I had till it was stolen 7 years later. Then I got, and still own, a '00 CBR929RR. It's been sidelined for a few years after being damaged during shipment from Turkey when I retired from the Air Force. I was going to school and avoiding getting a real full time job so money hasn't been there to fix it. But I've gotten the riding bug again from some friends so picked up the Grom to play around on and will be working to get the 929 back running as well.

Been following the forum for a few months seeing what everyones been up to with their Groms and decided to join after getting mine.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the Grom! I would imagine its starting to warm up out there in AZ?!
Fixup the 929RR! The two bikes will compliment each other.

·
Premium Member
941 Posts

Congrats and welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome and congrats on the Grom! I would imagine its starting to warm up out there in AZ?!
Fixup the 929RR! The two bikes will compliment each other.
Thank you! Up to 108 today it says, was pretty warm on the ride home yesterday but so much fun I almost didn't notice. The 929 will be in the works, gotta get it painted, change out fluids, get a battery and then see what happens.

Congrats and welcome to the forum.
Thanks I actually got a bunch of stuff for the 929 from you guys while I was stationed in Turkey. Look forward to doing more business with you in the future.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts