Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a Call, picking mind up next week, price did go up $200 for this year to $3,199 before all the add on Santa Clara Sales tax, setup fee, and all the other Bend over fees. Looking at $3,900 OTD.

Northern Calif starting to receive their Groms

·
Registered
5 Posts
You realize that you're paying ~21% in fees, right? You can't avoid tax and title but the dealer should eat the setup, just to avoid the obvious hit to the markup. What dealer? If it's not Fremont or Hollister, I'd give them a call first. If it's Peninsula in Sunnyvale or GP Sports (either shop), walk away. Those shops are the worst.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You realize that you're paying ~21% in fees, right? You can't avoid tax and title but the dealer should eat the setup, just to avoid the obvious hit to the markup. What dealer? If it's not Fremont or Hollister, I'd give them a call first. If it's Peninsula in Sunnyvale or GP Sports (either shop), walk away. Those shops are the worst.
John from Hollister called me, since that is where I had my name down in June/July time frame and I know JohnGrom from Milpitas and the DrGrom from San Jose paid $3,600 OTD.

So John the sales person from Hollister is making the deal but I will talk to the main manager since he knows I've been calling and waiting and they did not take any down payment or written down a set price, but I will try to see if I can get the price down a little.

Texted my friend in Thailand and he said that the Grom/MSX125 did not go up in price there and they pay $2,300 US dollars for theirs OTD.

Yep I know about Pen"Cafe Motor Sports" and GP and Fremont was the worst asking $4,500

I called Berkeley since I have $500 deposit there and Scott said the same thing about the price going up. My OTD price there was going to be $3,650 but now with the noise of HONDA MC USA dictating the pricing who knows:eek:

We as buyers are being played on due to the popularity of the Grom now in the USA and Honda having no competition on small motorcycles here.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've said it before and I'll say it again: I really miss Phred over at HH. He always took care of people.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've said it before and I'll say it again: I really miss Phred over at HH. He always took care of people.
Yep with the new remodeling you are paying for their upgrade.

The funny thing about HH is that I bought a spare set of front/rear rims from them on Dec 5 and on Dec 8 the price of the same rims went up. The front rim was $199.58 and the rear rim was $221.79 on Dec 5 and Dec 8 it went up to $266.82 for the front and the rear wheel went up to $296.51, that is a $70 increase on each rim.

I asked the sale person why the price went up in 3 days and they said their website was taken down by Honda "?????" not sure if it was corporate USA on that week end and when they open up for business the following week the prices had changed.

That is why I buy from Babbitt Honda until they raise their price than I will switch to Az Honda dealers since they have good prices also

Example Babbitt sells there oil filter spinner for $26.52 and HH sell theirs for $34.44. Babbitt sells their flywheel for $50.17 and HH sells theirs for $65.15 plus we pay almost 9% Calif sales tax

1 - 5 of 5 Posts