Honda Grom Forums banner

Had odd problem, found remedy

18K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  chye 
#1 ·
Today when I took the Grom out, it started fine and when I put in gear, it died...every time

Well, clutch had a little play, kinda sloppy actually, I never adjusted when I got it a couple days ago, so grabbed pliers and cleaned up the slop in the cable.

Started it, pull in now tighter clutch, put in gear, and it dies again...does it a few times.

Made no sense.

So, I started thinking reset....turn off key, switch....still happens. Do couple variations of same, still happens.

Then say, "screw it" and give it a push while running, put in gear, and then pull in clutch, all works well. Come to stop with clutch in, all is fine.

Basically that fixed it. It just needed some sort of re-set and that did it.

So if you run into a problem where engine dies when you pull clutch in and put into gear, adjust clutch and if it continues, just push bike with engine running, put into gear, then pull in clutch and it's all fixed.

See less See more
#9 ·
this is why i always have a bit of wire in the toolkit. bypass the switch and good to go

#11 ·
Yeah I think almost all of the new bikes since 2007 have the safety kill switch on the kickstand. Why would you want to remove it though?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.