Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
I know there are a few companies that make complete headlight assemblies for cars with the halos/multicolored pieces but I do not want to promote nonsponsors. I will send them an email and see if they are interested in developing a product or if they are already developing products.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
I'd just do it yourself.

Take the headlight apart and add halo rings.

·
Registered
995 Posts
You can buy a projector headlight for pretty cheap. It has the ring in it.
Honda - Unit Comp, Headlight - New Honda Genuine Parts
someone brought up a good point with these that shoots down the idea of getting one for halogon headlight equipped grom, which is that when you lean into a turn the light will no longer be in the direction you're going in, obviously that's a problem.

Might be best to stick with the halogen headlight setup and just upgrade the bulb to a higher (but not blinding) output.

·
Registered
995 Posts
What kind do u recomend?
Im new to bikes, starting to get into the bike game with the Grom, but im a car guy, have been for a while. From my experience with upgrading lighting on my car and my buddies cars, I discovered that 6000k is the best. 6000k isn't yellow, isn't blinding, won't get you pulled over AND it emits the most white light.

Just not sure what brand to go with, hoping someone can chime in on that one.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Does the Thai headlight with projector actually have a halo? It looks like it, but does the halo ring actually light up? Ive never seen a picture of the actual headlight on.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
here is a video but its so bright it just lights up the whole housing
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhrWqK8q3t0]MSX 125 @ Thapae - YouTube[/ame]

I don't think the halos light up but I might be mistaken.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
I don't think it would be too hard to open up the headlight and add some rings. There are some that change colors to whatever you wish.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts