Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have had a lot of inquires on these kits.

They are preparing our first shipment, which should be on it's way first of the week.

We are almost sold out of these, so if anyone wants in, highly recommend ordering soon.

First shipment will be the 183cc BBK, which is making 17-18 hp ......(WOW)

This is a COMPLETE Kit,

Here are the specs.

Bolt on 90-110% more power!
Take your GROM from Stock 8HP to over 17 HP with this easy to install bolt on 183cc Big Bore kit.
This complete kit comes with everything you need for an easy installation.
- 183cc Big Bore cylinder
- 183cc Piston, rings, pin, clips and gasket kit
- New Complete Head, with Oversized Ports
- New Oversized Valves
- New Fuel Injector
- New Performance Camshaft
- New Oversized Inlet
- New Oversized Intake insulator
- New Oversized Throttle Body
- Stiffer Clutch Springs

For More Details >>
<<

<<< -- DYNO CHART

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 951x621.

·
Premium Member
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Once we get this shipment on it's way, .......... we are going to be working with them for Custom Heads... setup for everyone who already has a BBK and has now realized....... The head is final link in the puzzle.

The heads will have Oversized Ports, Oversized Valve... and optional accessories to go with it:

oversized inlets
oversized Intake Insulator
and

Bored out Throttle Bodies.

MORE AIR = MORE POWER

·
Premium Member
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Installation Videos:

Part 1 (Parts Overview)
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_EDf6VLpWU"]www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_EDf6VLpWU[/ame]

Part 2 (Tear Down)
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtfOOWpFr1A"]www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtfOOWpFr1A[/ame]

Part 3 (Installation)
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yX1CEfpVmGA"]www.youtube.com/watch?v=yX1CEfpVmGA[/ame]

·
Premium Member
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Patience.....;-)

·
Premium Member
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Got to break it in properly. ;-)

·
Registered
998 Posts
Got to break it in properly. ;-)

Are you gal/guys going to break it in properly for the first 300 miles varying the RPM range and keeping it under 7000 rpm and dump the oil and fill it up with full synthic and do a couple of short burst to 9000 rpm but still varying the RPM between 3000-7000 range?

I think the BBK comes alive around 500 miles and really starts ripping at 700 miles range. I know my 170cc BBK ran ok from install and it had a hang up at the high end and I remember watching you guys videos about resetting the ECU when changing parameters with the airbox, exhaust, F/I, etc which I did not so I did the reset by shorting the Blue and Green wires and after the reset the 170cc kit with the P/P head, duel valve spring, bigger valves, Crower cam, PCV-WB02 autosenstor, PC-150 F/I rips now, pulls like a steam freight train out of control.

Next sprocket changes F/R for the right combo.

Can't wait to install my 183cc FINBRO kit on my Blue grom and waiting 10 days for you guys second shipment is killing me. I guess I can move on and finish off my hexacopter build.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the full kit and already got 500 miles on it. I'm using the pcv/wb2 and think I got the perfect map for it. My top speed is about 85 mph and I'm 180 lbs. Definitely the best mod by far I had the takegawa 143 with cam before and there is a big difference in power. I'm able to do wheelies without having to use the clutch and can even get it up in 2nd gear. The bike rips. If you get this kit and you're used to riding wot from take off the bike will flip lol. You also will rarely need to go wot because by the time I'm in third I'm already speeding. I ride with a buddy with a stock grom and 2 with stock Zuma 125s and we Wil ride and my bike now is twice as fast it feels like a mini rocket especially when you're cruising at 40 down shift into third and rip it and with in seconds I'm arty 70 with only 50 percent throttle. I really think it's time for a 5 speed trans. If you're on the fence I would get it. It's hard to explain exactly how it feels you won't know till you try it out your self but I'm glad I got mine.

·
Registered
998 Posts
I have the full kit and already got 500 miles on it. I'm using the pcv/wb2 and think I got the perfect map for it. My top speed is about 85 mph and I'm 180 lbs. Definitely the best mod by far I had the takegawa 143 with cam before and there is a big difference in power. I'm able to do wheelies without having to use the clutch and can even get it up in 2nd gear. The bike rips. If you get this kit and you're used to riding wot from take off the bike will flip lol. You also will rarely need to go wot because by the time I'm in third I'm already speeding. I ride with a buddy with a stock grom and 2 with stock Zuma 125s and we Wil ride and my bike now is twice as fast it feels like a mini rocket especially when you're cruising at 40 down shift into third and rip it and with in seconds I'm arty 70 with only 50 percent throttle. I really think it's time for a 5 speed trans. If you're on the fence I would get it. It's hard to explain exactly how it feels you won't know till you try it out your self but I'm glad I got mine.
I was noticing on some of the website that show the FINBRO 183cc kit that the piston was already installed in the cylinder and shipped that way all you had to do was install it to your Grom motor so I'm wondering if the piston ring gap was already check and adjusted and clock correctly and if the newer 183 kits coming from HR are going to be pre-installed with the JE piston in the cylinder and the piston ring gap already checked and adjusted and clocked?

Did your FINBRO 183cc kit come that way or did you have to assemble all the rings and clock it correctly?

·
Premium Member
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Now, that we switched to JE Forged Alum. Pistons in our Finbro kits....... We Personally Blue Print all our Finbro Kits BEFORE we ship them.

Ring Gaps are measured and adjusted, and then we clock the rings and install the piston.

Less BS for the customer.

·
Registered
998 Posts

Now, that we switched to JE Forged Alum. Pistons in our Finbro kits....... We Personally Blue Print all our Finbro Kits BEFORE we ship them.

Ring Gaps are measured and adjusted, and then we clock the rings and install the piston.

Less BS for the customer.

Now that is what I'm talking about, always good service and good install videos.

Keep up the good work gals/guys, one of my favorite place to buy parts HR

·
Premium Member
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I am wondering where all the postings are with people raving about their kits? Have the been shipped yet?

There are also not as many members on this forum as their are on the other one.

Less members = less feedback.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have had my FinBro kit for about a month. Bang for the buck, I'm glad I did it. Hard racing has been there every step of the way, it also helps they are just a short drive for me.

If your think of a Big bore, I'm sold on the 183cc for sure. I have the PCV/WB2
I power this thing puts down is worth every grinning dollar.

The customer service you get is AWESOME too!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.