Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my first wave the other day. Normally I get waves all the time on my other bikes. I'm wondering if because I'm so small other MC riders think I'm a scooter.

Attachments

·
Registered
134 Posts
So far the only wave I got was from a kid on a BMX bike:D , none of my waves have been reciprocated.:mad:

·
Registered
336 Posts
Same thing here! I throw a hand out and they just think I'm some punk on a liquor-cycle! Was next to a gixxer at a red light and he had to look and make sure, but just kept on. Then again, he was probably looking at my woman and didn't notice the bike lol :D

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Whats a liquor-cycle

Funny but Whats a liquor-cycle.

Same thing here! I throw a hand out and they just think I'm some punk on a liquor-cycle! Was next to a gixxer at a red light and he had to look and make sure, but just kept on. Then again, he was probably looking at my woman and didn't notice the bike lol :D

·
Registered
29 Posts
Funny but Whats a liquor-cycle.
I'm assuming he's talking about the common stereotype of scooter riders as riding a scooter due to the fact that they have a DUI so their license is either taken away or suspended making a scooter their only form of transportation since they don't require a license (but that's changing, in Indiana, at least).

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ah I see. In Wa state you have to have a valid license no matter what you drive. You just don't need a MC endorsement if your bike is 49cc or below.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I got a wave from a Harley, 2 street bikes, this guy on a Ducati hypermotard was staring me down. Seems like a lot of people just wave though! Awesome bike around the city!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Ah I see. In Wa state you have to have a valid license no matter what you drive. You just don't need a MC endorsement if your bike is 49cc or below.
Hey gromlin! You a seattle grommet! My buddies waitin for his! But I got mine already! Live in Renton and ride to work in Redmond with it! Hope to cya around! See me grommin!

Joel 206

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes, I'm a Seattle Grommer

From Renton to Redmond is a decent length for a Grom. Have you done it yet? I'm in the SW side. Burien. We will need to get a few of us together and rally sometime.

Hey gromlin! You a seattle grommet! My buddies waitin for his! But I got mine already! Live in Renton and ride to work in Redmond with it! Hope to cya around! See me grommin!

Joel 206

·
Registered
166 Posts
i get it all damn day.

last night i actually had a strectch GSXR 1k pull up next to me at a light. he says "hey, what the hell is that?"

i give him the break down as to what a Grom is and his response is "it's beautiful"

·
Registered
248 Posts
Just now 3 separate HD riders totally ignored me. But the one snuck a peek. Then a DS, an HD rider and another DS gave the biker wave. Lady working the stop sign at a construction stop lit it up with her smiles and giggles. Heading back down the hill, 3 HDers in a group totally ignored me. Hey, I'm not making this stuff up! Oh...and the hot chicks dig this.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Not a wave from one big bike yet. I did get the honk from a scooter guy though.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I'm assuming he's talking about the common stereotype of scooter riders as riding a scooter due to the fact that they have a DUI so their license is either taken away or suspended making a scooter their only form of transportation since they don't require a license (but that's changing, in Indiana, at least).
As a cop I would love to see them make scooters require a license, plate, and most of all insurance. So far there is nothing. The legislature in all their wisdom shot it down this time around. Maybe next year.

·
Registered
6 Posts
ah, don't worry about it! I drive a 84 V65 Magna and rarely get a wave from a HD rider. Funny thing is most of them probably drooled over the V65 25-30 years ago, but if it ain't a HD when you own one, it ain't a bike, lol. I have owned since '86 and could not care less about a wave from the HD crowd.

·
Registered
12 Posts
It's Regional

The Wave varies regionally. It's been different in each of the nine states that I have ridden it.

In Arkansas, everyone waves to everyone else, except when there are just too many bikes to do it. The sport bike riders point their fingers to the left, and the guys on cruisers do a downward peace sign (f/k/a "V for Victory").

In some states it's a finger pointing to the ground, which confusingly also means "watch out for that puddle of oil, wet tar snake, pile of gravel, or what have you."

In some states the wave is a Harley-Davidson-only thing.

I have yet to find a scooter rider that waved back, but maybe that's normal in places other than Kansas?

:motorcyclesmilieK:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts