Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Introductions, i believe are in Order...
Name her is David, I am a Retired... America. Living in Nong Hoi which is a sub-section of Chiang Mai. With my Wife (Toy) Dog (Leo- he came with us from America) Tiger (Cat) believe it or not... they are good friends! Then there is Charlie... (Kitten from Tigers Mom, so I guess that makes Tiger her big Sister) Getting confusing??? :) So Tiger is acting like Step-Mom since Charlie is small enough to sit in Small Starbuck's cup.

I have a shop where I teach and do Conversions (Custom and Exotic Builds) Motorcycles. Right now since the bigger Bikes are just starting to be Imported, we are use retro equipment, they call them Motorcycles... In America we "Called" them Scooters. We are making these:shadow:
made from these>>:bikeday_smilie:
Here is to Hoping that we will see some Grom's here in Thailand. Plenty of open road and Country to enjoy in...

Attachments

·
Registered
995 Posts
welcome to the forum. any video's of those builds you guys are doing?
I bet it feels a bit weird to be on a big bike with such a small engine.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
welcome to the forum. any video's of those builds you guys are doing?
I bet it feels a bit weird to be on a big bike with such a small engine.
:p None yet... We could do a video switching engine out..... Might set record..hahaha!

The weird thing is the exhaust sound with the factory 2T system... Doesn't have the deep Wamuph... to it. The custom 2 ube system in on eof the pictures is better... the top tube is a dummy, it's blocked off and only has oil drain to bottom tube. for the most part both tubes are expansion area pretty much matching the inside area to just under 5cc's. actually did a check same as ccing a head pretty close. both have factory silencers installed... the one in the chopper style twin-tube works the best for sound reduction.
Yamaha engine will pull 130 kmph @ 6400 in 3rd gear with final ratio of 14T/35T with 17"x2.250 tire rim and still pulling. We have suzuki Crystal that is setup almost identical except for a 4 spd trans. It will do 140kmph @ 6500 and redlines at 7000.
I am going to be happy with the addition of electric start...:p Don't have the specs on primary ratio/ or gear ratio's in the RC110 Suzuki so I will have to do alot of bench testing as we have a load ramp to test bike on and loadup rear tire to simulate road conditions.
I know the NSR 250 had a final ratio of 14T/39T, but I think 39T is a little tall...
Any Ideas here??

·
Premium Member
703 Posts
Nice to have some of the Thai community here. I like that build. I am guessing you own a MSX 125?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice to have some of the Thai community here. I like that build. I am guessing you own a MSX 125?
??... No, I was opting to use Honda engine if I could not find Drive ratio specs on Suzuki Crystal RC110CM
Primary drive (#T on gears)Ratio's
Transmission Gears 1-4 (#T on gears)Ratio's
Final Drive (#T on gears)Ratio's

Since we have gone from 17"x2.25 tires wheels to a 18"x 5.50 tires/wheels... (could go as high as 7" wide without chain rubbing, but I have both the 3.50 wide inch and 5.50 inch wide tires already.

Never had original bike frame, just purchased engines complete (all harness, relays, coils, rectifiers...) Bought 47 of them including Electric Starters to do builds with. All were very low milage exceptional shape engines, so do not really want to open case just to destry seals to find gear ratios.... Thought if I asked someone would know... Suzuki does not want to help release this information because they say I am not Authorized Dealer... I am Builder... for Gods Sake!

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
"Four wheels move the body, Two wheels move the soul"
Ahh... just to let you know.... "2 Legs.... can do same":motorcyclelove_smil

1 - 8 of 8 Posts