1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well hello! im kris and im from the UK

today i popped to my local honda dealer to test drive a yellow msx

now what can i say....

its small, im only 5'9 but i felt pretty big on it haha, and i found myself trying to figure out where i should be sitting? i felt comfier on the back seat but thought i probably looked silly so sat forward haha

right to the test ride... first things first my background on bikes is mostly full power 2 strokes etc so im used to power and the msx felt like i expected it too, guttless and slow on dual carriage ways

when a prius went past me i felt like a right plonka haha

the bike was 260 miles old and i got the bike to 62 on a flat and im around 78kg, 58 was achieved with a head on wind

ok so its not a big bike for big roads, i knew that but i do a lot of big road rides with mates so needed to test how it handled them

next was small roads and traffic....

now where talking! still lacking power but the bike handles like my old peds! throw it around and it throws itself back for more...weaving through traffic was a blast i think many people where shocked at the speed i was weaving on a spanking new bike haha

petrol.. i got the bike with a flashing single bar, i put £2-03 in and it shot up too almost half a tank! i mean what under the plastics??? a jerry can lol

gear change/ gear box

fairly smooth, not the best i have had by any means but neutral was a positive click and easy to find. all 4 gears selected easy ish i missed second twice! and straingly once down into first the gear lever stays loose rather then feeling locked in place like im used to

overall? unless i cant find a better deal i may well purchase one, the customisability is astonishing

the seat is as hard as hell, my aprilia rs 125 was comfier!

bit of a strange first post but some may find real world results usefull. the bike is as light as a ped and you can bounce it about on the spot like a bicycle ! traffic is a blast and if i lived near central london i would have one in a heart beat for the fun factor of filtering!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Picking up my white msx with r&g tail tidy and micro indicators fitted free for £2600 Orr

Spent three hours okay on the yellow demo msx in the pooring rain an one thing il say is these tires are shiiiiiiiiiiiieeeet

Back end was all over the place! I drive a gilera runner 172cc 2 stroke on bridgestones and I er never had that slip so il be on the case for new rubber straight away!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Spent three hours okay on the yellow demo msx in the pooring rain an one thing il say is these tires are shiiiiiiiiiiiieeeet
Had my first slip today on mine in the rain, went over a sort of "join" in the tarmac, first the front took a little sweep then the back, not a nice experience is it mate lol. Welcome aswell from another Uk'er!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
To be honest I was trying at some points! As it was the demonstrator I cared little for its engine lol so I was dumping the clutch on take off to get it too spin up. However with decent tires this shouldn't have been possible as I have opened the throttle on the ped with far more power behind it and never had it slip

Just seen tyga have revealed the seat cowl and such which are on my list of wants! As for the exhaust I'm hoping a big brand will make a low slung go style pipe by the swing arm!!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
tried leo vince today but the sales person had never heard of the low slung version. i showed her the video on youtube and she said she would enquire and get back too me

1 - 9 of 9 Posts