Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Problem Solved - Yuminashi 150cc + light bore injector

Just spent nearly two hours looking for an answer. Didn't find it so I need HELP!

#1.
Just installed the Yuminashi 150cc kit and light bore injector and once I hit around 5k RPM the bike falls flat on its face. Almost like you turned off the fuel.
Install stock injector and I can go all the way to redline.
Did a reset and retried the light bore injector with same results.
Bad injector?
Too much injector?

Haven't noticed any difference in power increase. As a matter of fact not I can't hit redline in third. With the original 125 redline in third was easy.

Do I need to allow the processor more time to adapt to the new setup before I realize a performance increase?
How long?

Thanks all!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh the love on this forum! LOL.:x

·
Registered
154 Posts
Hey what's good man how are you tuning your ecu? Sounds like one of your upper limit adjustments are off did you install the yunimashi AFC? And are you tuning with a wideband?

·
Registered
998 Posts
Do a search on this website or one of the other USA Grom website and look up BrianS 170cc kit build and he has talked about the various road blocks that he had to over come to get his 170cc kit working properly.

Major change on BrianS 170cc kit build was that he switched the FI to a Honda 150cc stock FI and the other thing he did was he added a F/A adj module so he could adjust the F/A for about 13/1 ratio. I'm not an expert in this part of the field but I am waiting for the 170cc kit to be done so I can order one since it is made/tested in the USA.

The FI part number from Honda is 16450-KZY-701 and it is about $30, the UK and Asia Grom group will try to sell you the same FI for $60 because they will label it as a special FI but it really comes off a 150cc Honda scooter and it has a little bigger nozzle hole for more fuel and it fits on the Grom .

Hope this helps, Good Luck and ride safe

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Problem Solved!

So happy that my baby is back in good health.
Here's the update. Trusted a friend of a friend to do the install instead of doing it myself. Hey, the price was right.

In addition to the before mentioned issues the bike was way down on power. I suspected that maybe the timing was off one tooth so today I opened her up and guess what? Timing was off by one tooth! Reset the timing and went for a ride.
THIS is how the 150cc Kit is supposed to run!

So guess who is going to do the suspension on my new CRF250L?
Duh. ME!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Shipping was expensive unless you order 50,000yen of stuff. 150cc kit was 40,700y ($400). So ya gotta spend 9,300y or shipping is 10,700y ($104). I'd rather spend money on merchandise than shipping so I added a Givi Box and a cable lock. Bam! Free Shipping

Took about three weeks to arrive if I recall.

MADMAX : MSX 125 GROM Yumi-PEAR 150 cc Bore up kit [MK16-0033]

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
videos of it in action!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts