Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found over on planetmini, turns out China has a Grom of their own and its ready to take over, maybe... Comes in 49cc and 125cc variants. Its at the China International Motorcycle Trade Exhibition now and will be at EICMA next month. ~$1300....

·
Registered
86 Posts
Wow, so much cheaper. But you have to bet that the drop in price comes with a drop in quality as well. I mean it is Chinese...

Would they even bring that bike over to the USA to sell anyway?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yea I doubt it too, most Chinese bikes never make it over here anyways. I don't know, its possible the Groms parts are manued in China and simply shipped to Thailand for assembly. For all we know the parts on these two come from the same factory... I doub't it but hey stranger things have gone on...

·
Registered
282 Posts
I bet, with the Grom demand, these will sell here. Too bad for Honda. If they were able to deliver the Groms in more quantity, this might not matter.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
it'll sell in China

But I don't think the cost savings are really carried on over to Europe and North America.

Plus there is no doubt the quality and manufacturer support is nowhere close to the surface of Honda.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Best is what China did with the VW Taigun...

not only did they jack the design, they also stole the Taigun name and registered with their patent office while the VW was still in concept form....

you have to admire their disregard...

·
Registered
995 Posts
I bet, with the Grom demand, these will sell here. Too bad for Honda. If they were able to deliver the Groms in more quantity, this might not matter.
Sadly that will be the case, their pricing will be competitive and because of that and how close it looks to the Grom i doubt many will question it. It will be an impulse buy.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
the thing you guys are forgetting about the China version, is that it has no established dealer network here. What chanells is it going to sell through? you may get a handful coming from ebay, but dont expect quantity...

·
Registered
43 Posts
the thing you guys are forgetting about the China version, is that it has no established dealer network here. What chanells is it going to sell through? you may get a handful coming from ebay, but dont expect quantity...
This is a good point. There isn't really a network to sell these things through. But I am not sure that many people would buy them anyway. Do you really want to sacrifice on quality with something that you will be driving at fast speeds down a street or highway? i wouldn't. I'll stick to the Grom thank-you.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Chances are it's for China and other nations where a super cheap bike like this would sell quickly. The Grom isn't cheap, nor will it break the bank but this grom knock off is likely what a lot of people in China will be exposed to more and will buy into.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Take it from someone who just sold a china bike. Do not purchase one! I purchased a 250cc supermoto for around 1100 bucks thinking I could fix anything wrong with it for cheap. Come to find out parts are almost impossible to purchase and no one wants to work on them.

Had it for 3 months never got to ride it and spent a few hundred trying to fix it. I ended up just selling it for $600.

Cant wait for my REAL grom to get delivered!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts