Registered
1,621 Posts
lookin good.

8k is going to be almost purple lol

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I ran 8k lights in my car and it was a night white right before turning blue at 10k. Here's a chart for the temp/color differences.

·
Registered
43 Posts
'Tis a good looking headlight. Is that gonna be blinding to on coming traffic? I never knew about the difference in temperature making different colored headlights. Very interesting.

·
Registered
995 Posts
I hate the light output you have, 4300 is what I would get, any bit of blue pisses me off and any oncoming traffic. Plus these need to be in a projector or else it's just shooting light everywhere.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My headlight was done today. HID kit is awesome! Couldn't tell until tonight the difference in light and it's great. Didn't ride much, sick and crawled back into bed. Will have update with more pics and video soon. As much as you guys complain, I couldn't care. This is elephants balls loads better than stock. You can choose any temp bulb you want.

·
Registered
998 Posts
My headlight was done today. HID kit is awesome! Couldn't tell until tonight the difference in light and it's great. Didn't ride much, sick and crawled back into bed. Will have update with more pics and video soon. As much as you guys complain, I couldn't care. This is elephants balls loads better than stock. You can choose any temp bulb you want.
Get better on your sickness, flu season is around, been washing my hands like crazy esp at the gym.

Just ordered my HID kit from Bombay, $50 to my house. Same setup as for my 99 Kawi ZX6R, high beam is yellow.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Cisco, I should have video at least by Tuesday. FloppyZebra and I are planning to go out to Orlando for a Ruckus/Grom meet.

·
Registered
998 Posts
negative people are like FLIES they eat shit and bother people.

Live life with a smile, you get laid more often and get treated better in the real world.

Aloha

·
Registered
10 Posts
I thought (and mind you I'm not the most informed person) that for an HID to work effectively you needed a projector? Like I said, maybe I'm mistaken but going along with the projector idea, any idea if this would work with the Thai headlight?

Regardless, definitely like the setup.

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
Hey Woodlow, did you have to use a relay for the hid to work?? Or is the bulb working with just a swap for the old bulb?
Pretty sure a relay is used and it sits just like the stock bulb and blasts light all over the place lighting up everything.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
hey everyone has their own preference for headlight color.

get what you want and be happy with it.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
hey everyone has their own preference for headlight color.

get what you want and be happy with it.
Yea, I was a bit grumpy from being sick all last week.
If anybody is interested in the kit or even thought to look at the website they'd see it is offered with a multitude of choices in light temp.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts