Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. Im up north in cheese, beer and brat country. I really like this lil thing. I want to go see it in person first, but the closest place that has one is an hour away :( Currently im riding a 2005 Kawasaki Z750s and am looking for a lil city/ Road America cruiser. That track is to big to be walking around at all day. So im seriously thinking of getting a Grom.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I grew up in Appleton, lived in Madison for 6 years and now have 8 years in the Twin Cities. I've probably been to RA 100 times for various races, track days, track schools and just to visit; it'll be nice to see another Grom there for the races as I'll probably be bringing mine with me this year as well.

Welcome!!!

Mike

·
Registered
92 Posts
Which races do you go there for? I live there lol
Usually the AMA ones, but when I lived closer we'd do the vintage and CCS weekends as well. And a few car weekends depending on timing.

I was just talking to the girl over dinner last night trying to decide if we were coming next year and to AMA or vintage, not sure quite yet but more than likely AMA only next year.

Mike

·
Premium Member
941 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks! AMA's are awesome. Just need to sell my Z750 and find me a Grom and a new primary bike. Highly thinking the Yamaha FZ09 :)

·
Registered
92 Posts
Nice!

Had I known Yamaha was coming out with the FZ9 this year I'd have kept my 06 1000RR and added the Yami to the mix instead of selling that 1k and buying a brand new leftover '11 CBR600RR this past spring. Three brand new bikes in 6 months is one too much :) so the next new bike will have to wait until a year from now or spring '15.

As much as I like the FZ9, I'm hoping they do it in a full SS chassis (R9?) for 2015 and I'll convert the 600 to full track duty and get that one. I like the naked bikes but prefer the seating position of a supersport. Now that I have the Grom for commuting I don't gave to take that into account for a bikes usage which helps.

Been hearing there are still some Groms available in your area, my buddy in Milwaukee had been looking for one.

Mike

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nice!

Had I known Yamaha was coming out with the FZ9 this year I'd have kept my 06 1000RR and added the Yami to the mix instead of selling that 1k and buying a brand new leftover '11 CBR600RR this past spring. Three brand new bikes in 6 months is one too much :) so the next new bike will have to wait until a year from now or spring '15.

As much as I like the FZ9, I'm hoping they do it in a full SS chassis (R9?) for 2015 and I'll convert the 600 to full track duty and get that one. I like the naked bikes but prefer the seating position of a supersport. Now that I have the Grom for commuting I don't gave to take that into account for a bikes usage which helps.

Been hearing there are still some Groms available in your area, my buddy in Milwaukee had been looking for one.

Mike

yeah i found 4 within 75 miles of me. $2999 plus all the other fees :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts