Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Morning all and Hello from Arizona :)

I currently own a 03 Hayabusa and an 04 Yamaha Vstar 1100. Picking up my Grom in a couple weeks and modifying it for off-road use / something to use when i am camping.

·
Registered
995 Posts
welcome.

got to love busa's! do you have any modifications done to it? any pictures of it?
how was your deposit on the grom?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just have the standard PCIII, Full Yoshi Setup on my Busa. I'll post some pictures when i am at home. Most Social Sites are blocked at work here.

Deposit on the Grom was $500 at the dealer and the rest when they get it in. I bought the black version and ordered several upgrades for it off of ebay. Fender Eliminator, HID Bulb and Ballast.

Insurance was cheap! ... $8 a month for full coverage through dairyland.

·
Registered
995 Posts
I just have the standard PCIII, Full Yoshi Setup on my Busa. I'll post some pictures when i am at home. Most Social Sites are blocked at work here.
a video would be even better :D I'd love to hear that full yoshi setup equipped busa of yours, unless there's a video of another one online.

looking forward to those pictures.

Deposit on the Grom was $500 at the dealer and the rest when they get it in. I bought the black version and ordered several upgrades for it off of ebay. Fender Eliminator, HID Bulb and Ballast.
Nice, that's pretty much what a lot of people are paying as a deposit.
Good job on going with the fender eliminator, that should be on top of everyone's mod list.

Insurance was cheap! ... $8 a month for full coverage through dairyland.
WOW that's stupid cheap, as more of the grom's hit the street, I know thefts will be up, possibly shooting up insurance premiums on them....sadly.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Happy trails

Hi ya from Michigan. Just your average street rider. Been riding since I was 14. My current ride is a 2011 VT750 Shadow Phantom. Prettiest bike I ever saw, had to have her! :D

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
a video would be even better :D I'd love to hear that full yoshi setup equipped busa of yours, unless there's a video of another one online.

looking forward to those pictures.

Nice, that's pretty much what a lot of people are paying as a deposit.
Good job on going with the fender eliminator, that should be on top of everyone's mod list.

WOW that's stupid cheap, as more of the grom's hit the street, I know thefts will be up, possibly shooting up insurance premiums on them....sadly.

I'll see what i can do :) As to the insurance you are probably right but nothing is worse than my busa.

Zero Tickets on my Record - $124 a month for full coverage. My Vstar is $19...

·
Registered
995 Posts
I'll see what i can do :) As to the insurance you are probably right but nothing is worse than my busa.

Zero Tickets on my Record - $124 a month for full coverage. My Vstar is $19...
Yup, it's basically going to be the Honda Civic of the Honda bike world, that's how I see it. What's insurance like on the busa?

Good job on keeping a clean record, whats car insurance like where you live?

·
Registered
282 Posts
you plan on riding it on the dirt only? I have a group of riders on small bikes and we get together on Friday nights starting about now. There are two Grom's in the group so far. Most of the other bikes are Ruck's. hit me back if you want to ride sometime. Also,which hid set-up did you go with? H4 bulb size?

·
Registered
50 Posts
sounds like fun. You would be the first to convert the Grom in to an off road from what i can see here. Have you though of which tires youre gonna go with?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts