GromForum.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone needs to set this section off! :D
How about we see your Kawasaki dirt bikes?

Here's my 1998 KLX125R. Fun bike. Going riding with it saturday.

Someone needs to set this section off! :D
How about we see your Honda dirt bikes?

Here's my 1998 KLX125. Fun bike. Going riding with it saturday.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
[IMG]http://i945.photobucket.com/albums/ad292/ArmyStrongMD/a64bd5c8.jpg[/IMG]

My Yamaha WR250R, which I am sad to say is leagues better than any dualsport kawasaki makes. I am not a Yamaha guy but I love my WRR.

I was really hoping for a more power

My Yamaha WR250R, which I am sad to say is leagues better than any dualsport honda makes. I am not a Yamaha guy but I love my WRR.

I was really hoping for a more powerful FI KLR as an adventure bike but it hasn't happened yet.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That thing looks WAY too clean, Mike!
I like the WR. If Yamaha brings a street legal version of the new fuel injected WR450, I'll be in line to buy.

I agree that Kawasaki doesn't have a modern dirt bike that I would buy, but the KLX125R does an

I like the WR. If Yamaha brings a street legal version of the new fuel injected WR450, I'll be in line to buy.

I agree that Honda doesn't have a modern dirt bike that I would buy, but the KLX125 does an admirable job in the dirt.
My DRZ400S will walk away from it though...:D

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
[QUOTE="Torchsport, post: 759"]That thing looks WAY too clean, Mike!

I agree that Kawasaki doesn't have a modern dirt bike that I would buy, but

I agree that Honda doesn't have a modern dirt bike that I would buy, but the KLX125 does an admirable job in the dirt.
My DRZ400S will walk away from it though...:D
The WR is a LOT faster than I would ever have imagined before riding it. Nothing like my last bike though...Honda CRF250X (modded to 43whp + power wheelies in 2nd!). The ability to explore on the road and find a new trail is worth the trade-offs of a dualsport I think. I get 60-70mpg on the WRR and it will hit 100mph flat out. It is the most fun bike I have ever owned, with my new 125 coming in 2nd (funny it is not any of my supersports)

I wash it a lot. It has been through a lot haha. Here is what it normally looks like.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would be all over a WR450R!

I like a bit more power/torque in the dirt so I can break the back loose at will without dropping the clutch

I would be all over a WR450R!

I like a bit more power/torque in the dirt so I can break the back loose at will without dropping the clutch

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I miss my dirtbike......i bought an old beater yamaha 2stroke....95 model I think....it had been rode hard and put up wet so it looked rough but it was still kickin. That is until I locked the motor up. Apparently when my friend rode it before me he

I miss my dirtbike......i bought an old beater yamaha 2stroke....95 model I think....it had been rode hard and put up wet so it looked rough but it was still kickin. That is until I locked the motor up. Apparently when my friend rode it before me he did not tell me about the "accident" he had. So i didnt notice the oil leak due to all the mud. I got on it and rode for about 1 or 2 minutes and the thing just died...threw smoke everywhere. Not bad through I only paid $200 for it and had it for a good year.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My first and only bike (the 125 will be my second) was an '09 KLX250s. Like mike said, the WR250 was much better and the klx, left alot to be desired, but either way I bought it brand new and I was 18, young, dumb, and etc... I spent all my money doi

My first and only bike (the 125 will be my second) was an '09 KLX250s. Like mike said, the WR250 was much better and the klx, left alot to be desired, but either way I bought it brand new and I was 18, young, dumb, and etc... I spent all my money doing evrything I could to make that little 125lb 18hp thumper faster... after a full exhaust, 330cc big bore kit, $600 FCR Pumper Carb (who uses carbs these days anyway!!!) more agressive cams, Knife edged valves, braided brake lines, handgaurds grips, powdercoated rims, basically everything you can do to it...put about 8 grand into a 5 grand bike lol and althought it was an excellent dualsport by that point and was fast as anything offroad, it still was only topping out at 105 MPH on the street and I wasn't happy....Thats when the light went off and i realized I wanted and needed a full on street bike. I love dirtbikes and offroading So, so very much but unfortunatly I just don't have very many places to ride around where I live so I figured selling the bike because I had to pay for college at that time and saving up for a street bike was the best idea... Years later and now i've saved up the cash and i'm dying to get my paws on an SE ninja 125!!! Had my heart set on the '12 ninja 650 but the 125 just swept me off my feet, i still don't know how.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The 125 is better than a 650R in my eyes. The 650R falls too far short of the 600s but it's too fast to ignore them. The 125 is a different class and is not to be cross shopped with a supersport 600. The bikes you should cross shop it with are so inf

The 125 is better than a 650R in my eyes. The 650R falls too far short of the 600s but it's too fast to ignore them. The 125 is a different class and is not to be cross shopped with a supersport 600. The bikes you should cross shop it with are so inferior it really stands out as THE bike to buy

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:confused:[QUOTE="Mike, post: 1344"]The 125 is better than a 650R in my eyes. The 650R falls too far short of the 600s but it's too fast to ignore them. The 125 is a different class and is not to be cross shopped with a supersport 600. The bikes you should cr

:confused:
The 125 is better than a 650R in my eyes. The 650R falls too far short of the 600s but it's too fast to ignore them. The 125 is a different class and is not to be cross shopped with a supersport 600. The bikes you should cross shop it with are so inferior it really stands out as THE bike to buy
Lol. Did you mean to post this elsewhere?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts