Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure what a scrappy rider even is... I'm not sure if the mainstream american news media even has a clue what they are talking about, let alone ever straddled a motorcycle...

But as the lone video commentator put it, the Grom is designed to appeal to anyone who wants a very fun ride! All sizes, all ages!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdNEJHGluK0[/ame]

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
scrappy rider?

is that when I ride wearing dirty clothes and second hand shoes and don't cut my hair, shower, or shave for months?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Does that mean that Grom riders are most likely to shoot green shells at the other people on the road?

Where did we even hear this supposed video commentator say this?

·
Registered
128 Posts
I guess Honda is trying to appeal to hooliganism with the name Grom, wheelie videos, and "scrappy". It fits, I guess, although the sound and power are not quite there. The Grom is a bit refined to be called scrappy. Too cute really. It reminds me of a Shetland pony for some reason.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I guess Honda is trying to appeal to hooliganism with the name Grom, wheelie videos, and "scrappy". It fits, I guess, although the sound and power are not quite there. The Grom is a bit refined to be called scrappy. Too cute really. It reminds me of a Shetland pony for some reason.
Yea I'm not sure what exactly they were trying to get at.. Maybe surreptitiously suggesting packs of wild Grom riders will descend on your intersections at night flipping wheelies, terrorizing the neighborhood, making all that racket :cool::cool:

I think its very possible the Grom is something the mainstream wont understand, when i talk to most people about the grom all they can say is why dont you just get something bigger.... :confused::confused::confused:

All i can do is shake my head and stress how much they don't understand...

·
Registered
134 Posts
Yea I'm not sure what exactly they were trying to get at.. Maybe surreptitiously suggesting packs of wild Grom riders will descend on your intersections at night flipping wheelies, terrorizing the neighborhood, making all that racket :cool::cool:

I think its very possible the Grom is something the mainstream wont understand, when i talk to most people about the grom all they can say is why dont you just get something bigger.... :confused::confused::confused:

Yup, x2 on that!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Bitch your pronouncing it wrong!

Making it sound all soft n sheeeeeet. Lol at how they were all saying it that way. Bill Savino should have corrected them.

·
Registered
154 Posts

Yerp I was coming out of bk at bike week and had a guy say wow I was expecting a smaller rider then proceded to call it cute... I know I had more fun groming the stand still traffic than the guys on liter bikes :) all they can do is sit there and rev

·
Registered
201 Posts
x2

Is it GROME or GROM

Have I been pronouncing it wrong this whole time? :eek:
its because the Grom is foreign, newscasters and dilettantes must have decided it needed ACCENTS, hence Grom but with two dots on the m... pronounced Gr-o-mmm

LOL

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
honda grome sound pretty ugly.

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts