Honda Grom Forums banner

Honda Grom First Modifications

12K views 32 replies 24 participants last post by  lumpyguts11 
#1 ·
Trying to think what first modifications I should do once I get my new Honda Grom. What would you guys suggest I do?
Seeing how crazy aftermarket support is for the Grom/MSX125 I am not sure where exactly to start.

#6 ·
Here is some of my stuff that got delivered today.. But I still have no Grom.. Lol..

Projector headlight and I just ordered my hid kit for it... Lol
Cockpit-visor
Headlight protector
Cf tank pad
Honda caps for bodywork just a nice fancy piece of aluminum fasteners

Next thing to order is the

Folding clutch and brake levers
Rear luggage rack
Body garnish
Radiator cover says msx on it pretty cool

#11 ·
I would get the fender eliminator with out the plate and relocated the plate under the cowl just above the rear hugger for a cleaner look. Hopefully john can fab up a piece for that.

#13 ·
I wasn't happy with the look of the rear-end, but now having taken delivery, it doesn't look as bad. Maybe its because most of the photos have a plain background, so it looks more out of place than it does in "real life". If they made a larger rear mud guard covering more of the rear tyre, then a cut down fender would be practical.

At the moment, I will leave considering a change as "maybe / future".

Work for tomorrow is a "bugger off" alarm - just a cheap one that screams if someone moves or bumps the bike. The bike has been "Data Tagged" by the dealer, so every major component has been micro-dotted so the alarm is just a warn-away for the curious. If someone wants to steal a bike, two poles and a truck / trailer and the bike is gone - an expensive alarm or a cheap alarm offers very little difference in protection.

A good padlock and hardened steel chain through the wheel and around a lamp-post is better protection.

Jeff

#16 ·
The alarm I have was £5 / USD8 on ebay with a remote control to turn it on/off. Battery operated on a 9v battery. I put a voltage regulator in it instead and wired to the bike battery. I only use the alarm when I leave a bike at the railway station / shops. It goes off for 30 seconds and resets when movement stops.

I leave the bike in a car porch overnight, so I have a ring security bolted to one of the supports and chain the bike to it at night or when not used.

If the lock is "Thatcham" approved, it reduces your insurance costs as this is an official approval seal.

Various Locks, Chains and Prices in the UK

Jeff

#17 ·
throw out all the lighting/plateholding/etc (all the street parts), moose handguard barkstrippers (to save the levers in an off, which I will be doing a lot of), cut passenger pegs off, numberplates, and off to minigp it goes.

#18 ·
oh and bypass all the key things. switch for ignition, keyless gas cap and seat.

#20 ·
I would only do these things if I kept the bike just for mini gp but since I will be traveling with the grom in public here and there it's will be too easy for a thieve.

#19 ·
and probably some $280 bridgestone tires... (not sure what i comes with stock)

Reactions: flurbadurba
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.