GromForum.com banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there extended swingarms available for the Grom/MSX125 as yet? Also any pictures of how an extended swingarm will look once installed?
How many of you would get an extended swingarm for your Grom and how much would you pay?

·
Registered
79 Posts
really liking how the alloy swing arm looks, the welds on it look amazing too. But if it was up to be I would have it powdercoated in black unless i can find a really cool color to paint it.

some pic's;

·
Registered
79 Posts
maybe it's just the lighting but finish on the gcraft swingarm is just nicer IMO than the original one I posted pictures of. Have you seen these swingarms in any other finishes?

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
It is probably just the lighting. They both have that "just out of the CNC machine" billet aluminum look.

·
Premium Member
703 Posts
The finish on the swing arm is just too flashy for my taste maybe a flat black finish would be more suitable for me if I ever look in to getting one.

·
Registered
175 Posts
It looks like the swing arm is actually brush aluminum. I would get it if my wheels or theme was matching that swing arm. Looks kinda odd with gold wheels on the Grom but that might be just me.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Won't be getting this piece unless I end up putting down for power to the wheels. These extended swing arms for the Grom is mainly for just show in real functionality of extended swing arms its good for drag bikes.

·
Registered
192 Posts
was just on composimo's website and seen what seems to be either a grom with a real swing arm or a rendering of it and I have it say an extended swingarm grom looks badass!!!

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
Reactions: laidout

·
Registered
192 Posts
dumb question : why would you want an extended swing arm on such a small motorcycle with a small motor?
for the look would be one reason, the other would be if you plan on doing some serious performance upgrades like going for one of the bore kits.

But I can already see people with stock groms getting the extended arm without performance mods done

·
Registered
106 Posts
was just on composimo's website and seen what seems to be either a grom with a real swing arm or a rendering of it and I have it say an extended swingarm grom looks badass!!!

That looks gorgeous. How much $ would it take to get Compismo to mod a Grom for me? I like his style.

·
Premium Member
703 Posts
Not that I would be interested to do something like this but it does look unique. I would hate to get this extended swing arm for the Grom and change all the characteristics of it.

Reactions: nismo300zr2

·
Registered
192 Posts
Not that I would be interested to do something like this but it does look unique. I would hate to get this extended swing arm for the Grom and change all the characteristics of it.
yup tons of R&D went into the bike, as-is in stock form it's perfect, a swingarm will probably kill some of it's riding characteristics but I think an extended swingarm is also something you have to want partially for looks. i think it looks badass!

1 - 20 of 82 Posts