Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

· Registered
998 Posts
Ive tried the 14 and 13 tooth sprockets on the front...can be had on amazon for <10 bucks a piece.

Acceleration improves a lot, top end slightly.

Im able to cruise at 62-64 mph with a 13t and a KN

Stock I would be lucky to cruise at 55
Great to know on the 13t, I was going to go 14t but it looks like 13t is the trick.

I guess it depends on the riders weight also, I weight 205 lbs, what is your weight so I can gauge the weight diff vers should or shouldn't change the counter gear to 13t.

· Registered
123 Posts
Great to know on the 13t, I was going to go 14t but it looks like 13t is the trick.

I guess it depends on the riders weight also, I weight 205 lbs, what is your weight so I can gauge the weight diff vers should or shouldn't change the counter gear to 13t.

Im about 190lbs, really depends on how you use the bike.

The only downfall of the 13t is you can run into the rev limiter going down a hill on the highway.

14t gives you a little more room to hit 65-70 mph

· Registered
254 Posts
link to these sprockets? im searching amazon for Grom not seeing anything?
First, you should also search for MSX and MSX125 whenever trying to find Grom parts.

Second, nothing is specifically listed for our bikes yet, however the CRF80 front sprockets are the correct size. You are probably looking for a JTF252.14 or JTF252.13

· Registered
213 Posts
Theoretical top end is like 75 stock geared, obviously the bikes just dont have the power to get there.

Going down 1 or 2 teeth allow the motor to get going quicker, trying to push the top end of 4th faster, but still not redlining out. Some are redlining with 13T I think.

· Registered
2,069 Posts
Theoretical top end is like 75 stock geared, obviously the bikes just dont have the power to get there.

Going down 1 or 2 teeth allow the motor to get going quicker, trying to push the top end of 4th faster, but still not redlining out. Some are redlining with 13T I think.
But can't you change the rear out as well....?

· Registered
2,069 Posts
You can, yes. Has anyone investigated that yet? I will tomorrow I guess!
I'm just being a pain. I know that decreasing the front with increase the pickup... But can you decrease the front sprocket and increase the rear sprocket? I remember watching a video where the explained it in depth on how some changes would be equivalent and why you wanted xx front sprocket

1 - 20 of 66 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.