Honda Grom Forums banner

Honda Grom Tire Options

122K views 68 replies 57 participants last post by  MidgetTodd 
#1 ·
What tires will you guys be using for your Honda Grom?

#3 ·
What is the GROM tire size? Haven't been able to find it yet. I'd assume same as the MSX. There were two tires shown in the aftermarket parts thread.

One was a pirelli

#8 ·
Power Pures I think better than Diablos, because they are dual compound.
The thread pattern is the same as regular Diablos or Power Pures.

#9 ·
Im gonna rock stock rubber for now

#11 ·
I am not familiar with the line of tires that are offered for the Grom but i would ask for dual compound tires for my type of riding.

#19 ·
A semi-knobbly tyre for some "green lane" riding would be fun, although regulations here are making green lane access far harder.

Green Lanes are, basically, unmade roads through woodlands or along coastal routes and are open to walkers and, in some places, horse-riders.

Jeff

#27 ·
Those that already have the bike in other parts of the world have had many, many complaints about the stock tires, especially when the roads are wet. They get slicker than snot on hot glass, so knowing I will be riding in rain fairly often, I figured I'd go ahead and swap them out, before I even bring the bike home from the dealership.

#29 ·
I like the idea of the Diablos since they're what I have on my Monster 796 and they work really well, but I think I'd get the Grom for screwing around in the rain. So, I'd want a more "all season" tire. I wonder if the stockers will be good enough. The tires on my old Ruckus were super knobby.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.