Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just saw one of the top MSX 125 on motorcycle.com and saw one of them with the full conversion with the more recent CBR farings. Would any of you guys be doing this to your Grom and going through with this conversion?

·
Registered
157 Posts
There will be some looking to do this for their Grom but honestly I can't see to many Grom owners doing this. Well, unless if they drop it and need replacement. That would be the best time to go through with the conversion.

If we can only get a price for the fairings.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I saw this too but at this stage these kits are still one off. We are staring at the one and only.

My guess is it would probably cost anywhere from $500-$1000. and it could go up that high because of the dual projector headlights.

the tail just looks so good!

·
Premium Member
703 Posts
The single header pipe being covered by the lower cowl helps cover up the dinky small diameter pipe. I think it looks a lot better with the rear section exhaust being at this position. Looks sharp.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I like it, but I would stick with a look closer to stock, more playful than racy.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Oh hell yeah. I would buy this in a heart beat but making the change is fun too. I would much rather start with the grom and make the build wehen these kits become available.

Just imagine pulling up beside an actual cbr125 lol :D

·
Registered
50 Posts
These guys are really creative fitting on these fairings on the grom. Love how the rear cowl and tail looks on it. But it must be the most uncomfortable seat in the world for any body taller than 5'5" Just look at how close the seat is to the pegs. your knees will be bent so much.

·
Registered
44 Posts
These guys are really creative fitting on these fairings on the grom. Love how the rear cowl and tail looks on it. But it must be the most uncomfortable seat in the world for any body taller than 5'5" Just look at how close the seat is to the pegs. your knees will be bent so much.
What do you expect when scaling down a cbr to a grom the size is all wrong. You can't expect the same riding position.

I'll admit it does look good though.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
agreed. I need to see someone sitting on this thing. Must be insanely uncomfortable. It does look pretty though...

·
Registered
998 Posts
The Grom has a better sitting position than my old 1987 YSR-50 which I use to ride all over Northern California. Rode from San Jose to San Francisco via EL Camineo, Rode hwy 9 to Santa Cruz, Rode Niles Canyon rode from Fremont to the hills. Very Very hard on the ASS. The Grom should be much comfortable but not by much.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts