GromForum.com banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Assuming the GROM has the same exhaust it should sound similar or the same.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7ZgX7oO65s]Honda MSX 125 - Exhaust Sound - YouTube[/ame]

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
Wow. That NEEDs an aftermarket can

·
Registered
74 Posts
Wow. That NEEDs an aftermarket can
I agree it sounds really weak, definitely not what I was expecting it to sound like.

thankfully the Grom/MSX125 with an RPG exhaust sounds wicked :D

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAq9mykmc7Q]RPG Exhaust HONDA MSX 125 ([/ame]

·
Premium Member
703 Posts
It's not the most intimidating sounding bike, but that's not really the point.
It wasn't designed to be a intimidating bike. But a couple of changes you could make as intimidating as you want. The modifications you can do to the Grom is limitless. Put on a Turbocharger or nitrous and it could fly.

·
Registered
120 Posts
It doesn't sound that bad I mean if your rev up higher than it starts to sounds good. But yeah aftermarket slip ons would make a difference.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Have you guys heard of the Honda MSX 125 without a mufller yet? I saw a video of it on the weekend and man it sounds nice and not raspy at all. a straight pipe Grom would be nice.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Have you guys heard of the Honda MSX 125 without a mufller yet? I saw a video of it on the weekend and man it sounds nice and not raspy at all. a straight pipe Grom would be nice.
that would be a good thing to do for people that buy these bikes used as they might not have as much money to spend on buying and having an aftermarket exhaust shipped to them as it can get pricey. seems like owners of new groms are more inclined to going aftermarket.

·
Premium Member
703 Posts
That is because the grom is only $3000 to begin with. you wouldn't see the guys with CBR600RR jump right in to mods and accessories this quick.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I agree it sounds really weak, definitely not what I was expecting it to sound like.

thankfully the Grom/MSX125 with an RPG exhaust sounds wicked :D

RPG Exhaust HONDA MSX 125 (
I like the RPG duals. I might have to go that route. I wonder if you will have to change the mapping to stop decel popping. I hate that. :(

·
Registered
327 Posts
My CRF250L is quiet as a sewing machine. I like that, but I do think this bike could use a little more sound.

·
Registered
32 Posts
It wasn't designed to be a intimidating bike. But a couple of changes you could make as intimidating as you want. The modifications you can do to the Grom is limitless. Put on a Turbocharger or nitrous and it could fly.
If i get a space helmet and rockets on the side ILL BE THE FIRRST GROMMM ON THE MOON

1 - 20 of 29 Posts