Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5aIXVxLKRY]HONDA MSX125 GROM[/ame]

Japanese video of the MSX125.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Gotta love how the 2014 Grom looks in matte black, it's makes such a small CC bike look badass! Most likely matte/flat black will be the color i choose for my grom

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Another video of some guys stunting in the GROM

Believe these guys are Austrian?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWExrcRmCNo]Honda MSX 125 Punched by Vienna Streetrockaz - YouTube[/ame]

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
OK I want one

·
Premium Member
703 Posts
these guys make it look easier than it actually is. I would love to try this but I could just see myself pulling something with the attempt. Just good old goofing but nothing crazy.

·
Registered
192 Posts
these guys make it look easier than it actually is. I would love to try this but I could just see myself pulling something with the attempt. Just good old goofing but nothing crazy.
they sure do, some people mess up bike time attempting to do stunts on their bikes. on real sport bikes it's scary...but doing stunts for the first time is better done on a grom than a full sized sport bike.

·
Premium Member
703 Posts
Yeah for sure since the grom is half of the weight of full sized bike it will be easier to control.

·
Registered
175 Posts
These guys are busting wheelies and stoppies like its going out of style lol I wonder if it has to do with the tire pressure that make them so good at it.

·
Premium Member
719 Posts

·
Premium Member
703 Posts
I want to learn. But I also don't want to drop my bike.
Just get some sliders just in case you drop the Grom. I am sure if you attempt more then a couple times there will be one drop. That is what i plan to do, get some sliders and different bar ends and even axle spools to protect it when the grom does drop.

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
Baby steps. Baby steps baby steps

Practice heavy acceleration.
Practice riding and pull the clutch in, rev the bike a little, the. Dump the clutch. Get used to that jerk.
Give it throttle and the OFF the throttle quick which will load the front forks, the gas the hell out of it and pull when the forks spring you up again.

Lots of methods. Baby steps baby steps.
Don't push it, don't show off.

Did I say BABY STEPS?

·
Registered
79 Posts

Practice riding and pull the clutch in, rev the bike a little, the. Dump the clutch. Get used to that jerk.
Give it throttle and the OFF the throttle quick which will load the front forks, the gas the hell out of it and pull when the forks spring you up again.

Did I say BABY STEPS?
Best way to approach this, thankfully the Grom wont take you to the extreme's that you'll easily kill yourself and it's one of the better bikes to attempt this on rather than some $10,000 sport bike, it would suck to drop that!

·
Premium Member
703 Posts

Did I say BABY STEPS?
Clutch dump!? oh man. I have a Harley fourty eight right now and I am thinking of selling it and getting a CBR600RR just to change things up a bit. I will still be getting the Grom just a matter of time.

Greg what do you think about a 2008 CBR600RR?

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
Clutch. Once you know your bike it is the most predictable way to pull it up. And fastest. Throttling a wheelie starting at 40mph in2nd, you may be at 80mph before balance point. Clutch a heelie at 40mph and you can be to balance by 50-60mph. Slower is better.

600RR. Nice bike.

·
Registered
995 Posts
whatever you guys do don't be like this one guy that did a wheelie in front of a cop, crashed, and got busted!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Vpruo6zDUw"]Police Rip Biker off Motorcycle After Wrecking Wheelie in Front of Cop - YouTube[/ame]

·
Registered
132 Posts
Just get some sliders just in case you drop the Grom. I am sure if you attempt more then a couple times there will be one drop. That is what i plan to do, get some sliders and different bar ends and even axle spools to protect it when the grom does drop.
What are sliders?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts