Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got the inside scoop.
It was the decision of Honda Corporation USA division.

All Honda motorcycles 500cc 250cc and lower got the $199 increase.

Even if you had a deposit that you put down last year 2013, it doesn't matter you'll get the price increase.

If you dealer ordered various small cc Honda motorcycle esp the Grom the orders was held up by corporate USA till the Jan 1 as to impose the new price hike.

Your dealer is not at fault it is Honda USA division, management decision due to the interest in the Grom and any motorcycle that has good gas mileage.

Other sad note, the sale of Grom cylinder is on a Nation wide shortage so if you are trying to buy a spare cylinder like I'm doing there is a long wait.

For California buys of Grom
this is the break down of what you should pay
base price $3,199
Freight=$125
Truck fee/delivery=$85
Recycle tire fee=$2.75-$7
DMV fee=$106-$110
Your local city sales tax 8.75 for Santa Clara County

Your OTD price should be $3,850 ball park
any price over that is all dealers profit:eek:

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
I may be mistaken but those that put money down should have agreed on a OTD price. We have ours in writing and if it isn't brought to the table that way we don't have a deal. Contract is already written out, only needs the vin to be filled in and remaining balance paid.

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
Recycle tire fee=$2.75-$7 What is this fee?
You get charged for the tires before you replace them and then after you replace them?

·
Registered
201 Posts
This is inflation. Thank your friendly neighborhood central bank for 2% inflation targeting and Benny B's QE4evvvvvaaaaaa. Its not just GROM's, go look at your grocery bill...

·
Registered
995 Posts
Recycle tire fee=$2.75-$7 What is this fee?
You get charged for the tires before you replace them and then after you replace them?
it's a fee for future disposal of them.
i guess the gov't figures it's easier to charge people when they buy them as doing that later won't be possible

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
it's a fee for future disposal of them.
i guess the gov't figures it's easier to charge people when they buy them as doing that later won't be possible

I would look into that charge. You are charged a disposal when you get the new tires put on at the shop. Looks like they are being charged "TWICE" if they are adding this onto the original bill.

·
Premium Member
941 Posts
They are always looking for some way to get more money.

·
Registered
154 Posts
New tire fees and disposal fees are two differwnt things. The ntf is a gov tax I think its .40 cents for pass tires and goes up as the ply increases the disposal fee is what the recyclers charge to pick up each tire. @ my shop its 2 bucks anything else is the dealer making money off of it. As far as the grom price increase I'm glad I got mine at release 3200 is steep. I could have built and registered a pit bike in md for way less than that. I almost wish they had dropped the 125 and gone to 150cc plus so us release guys had a rare Honda :-(

1 - 11 of 11 Posts