Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Well it’s on the way to being that time of year again. Cold weather is here if we like it or not.

The coldest I have ridden in was 26 degree’s and it just was not fun. I was tense the whole time because I was so cold. And the Cold Asphalt is so Sketchy. Sometimes feels like I'm on ice.

If it’s below about 40 I just don’t ride.

But, I have friends who have actually ONLY had a bike for transportation. And they rode to work when it was snowing out. Somehow didn't bust their A$$.

So what's your take? What's too cold to ride? Or What conditions cause you to just not go out

·
Registered
186 Posts
Live here in SoCal. Its in the 40s here at night in the Inland Empire. I ride if its dry and atleast 40. Wet or anything below 40 and Im driving my truck. Had to drive this week of work its been raining non stop past few days.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Some canadians are crazy and will ride even when it's 30 degree's outside, been up to toronto a couple times and seen how people are. crazy canucks.

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
I've got firstgear pants and jacket so i'll ride as cold as it takes. down to maybe 20. after that the helmet is too cold. traction is quite an issue too

·
Registered
254 Posts
I will ride as long as the temperature is double digits Fahrenheit and it's not going to precipitate. I don't want to risk ice, but I've got enough gear to avoid getting too cold. I hate when it gets down to about 15F and my helmet starts freezing to my forehead from my breath though... that usually motivates me to keep the rides really short.

·
Registered
197 Posts
This is my first cold season. I've been riding, several days, in the mid to high 40's. It is cold, but not too cold. Yesterday, it was 40 when I left for work. I think that is about my limit. Although, I might be able to go a bit lower if I had some face covering and thicker gloves.

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
riding dirt is even better when it's colder. you work so hard on trails that it doesn't really matter that it's 20f out, will still need to unplug the heat

1 - 12 of 12 Posts