Honda Grom Forums banner

How many of you grew up on one of these?

9K views 27 replies 20 participants last post by  HardRacing 
#1 ·

pretty sure thats where my Grom lust comes from LOL, best bike you could ever learn on...

See less See more
#8 ·
The knock offs I have seen go for as low as $950 shipped to your door.I have seen pristine all original CT70 go for $6000 with a title and non runners with no title sell for as little as free.Just gotta be out there in the barns and sheds looking and hoping.

#9 ·
That thing looks awesome! I would totally buy one of those. Are they really expensive now, or can you get it for pretty cheap?

I can see why people who grew up with one of these would want a Grom. The Grom is like a Honda Trail 70 for the 21st century.
There are several on eBay, check it out!

#10 ·
i wish... we were a bit on the poor side and the parentals were definitely anti-moto

#12 ·
and how boss did you feel while all the other boys were peddling themselves around you had some real gears to flip through LOL.

I want to find another one a fix it up for when I eventually have a kid, until then I can use it as a play thing, maybe scoot it down to the corner store or whatever.

#18 ·
cool bikes where do you find parts for the older Honda, reason I'm asking is that I'm restoring this and it is a runner just a little dirty from being in the barn in Arizona then out in the weather after my EX and I got a divorce so I had to pick up the 1971 SL-125 where she had in stored in the weather out back side of her boy friend's house.

#19 ·
First I would like to say, nice collection!

I grew up on these.........

As a kid I bought a new baby blue SL-70, from mowing yards in Florida and with my dad's help which I payed back. I rode with friends in the dirt who also had the same and CT70's.

Later in life I had a candy red z50 which I was fortunate enough to have my uncle give to me and transported from Montreal Can to northern Ca.. Do you know what year this color model was made?

I rode this back and forth to Chico State going to school and around town. One night while at a calculus class I came out and it was stolen. Major bummer, I still have the keys and flywheel puller 34 years later.

I also owned a gold (not sure of color name) 1970 CT70H, and also a new yellow 3-speed circa 1979/80.

As I said in another post, the grom is like a CT70H on steroids but it has taken Honda 40 plus years to bring back this nostalgic ride.

Great post.......Andre

#23 ·
I always wanted an ATV or dirt bike growing up. We were middle class and lived on an acre of land, my parents probably could have afforded one but I think they were more afraid for my safety so I never got one.

I thought I was pretty close to getting one of these one time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.