Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got out in the garage and disassembled the HUGE diving board on the back of the Grom this evening. I created a temporary/permanent FEL and figured that others may want to do the same.

Here are a few pictures that may or may help you figure it out.

KEEP IN MIND... I have not yet installed a white light, or turn signals, but will be doing so in the near future.

After getting all of the original fender I flipped my inspection bracket over and re-attached my plate to the lower holes.

Marked the bend lines I wanted

Bent both tabs to the angle I wanted

I used the back two bolt holes from the factory fender for my bolt holes and marked my plate where I wanted to drill my holes. Then it is as simple as drilling them, and bolting it together. Remember to use lock washers or in my case flat washers (off of the lower bracket on original fender) and nylock nuts.

This is the finished product which I think turned out great for not to supply anything except 2 phillips head screws, and nuts.

VIOLA!!! a $.23 Fender eliminator kit.

NOTE: you will have to upgrade you signal flasher if you don't reattach your factory signals. I believe there is a thread on it somewhere. I will also update this with my remedy of adding signals and a white light for keeping the plate illuminated... as soon as I have time and the parts on hand.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Subscribed!

Love how every body is making there own little things for the Grom. thanks for posting the pics I will definitely consider making one similar on my own. Let us know what you end up doing with the plate lights and turning signals.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Love the how to section of this web site shows the free thinking people and how we solve stuff for cheap.

Great pic and write up, thank you.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts