Honda Grom Forums banner

Howdy

1K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Indy21 
#1 ·
Hey all, can't wait to see what's going on here. I love ALL bikes. I love to ride anything. Been riding since 6 yrs.old(42yrs.). As a kid I started with mini-bikes a Suzuki 60, Yamaha 80 and then after a lot of kicking and screaming my dad got me a new Honda XL75. The XL had the lights and turn signal's which was a $100 option over the XR75. The XL75 was about $695 new but I really wanted the XR because of the knobbies and number plates(I couldn't complain, I scored a new enduro and I really think dad wanted to cruise the Chicago boulevards on it jk). Anyway that bike and countless other Honda's I ended up getting over the years, were all just about bulletproof. BTW when my son got big enough, I got him an XR80.
Like I said, I can't wait to check it out here. Thx for reading and God bless!
`tj

#3 ·
Honda Dream

When I was a kid a friend mine had a Honda c50 2 stroke that was full sized that probably did every bit of 95mph that looked similar to the Dream. Man, I really wanted that bike, even though when I rode it, I would have to start off on the centerstand because my feet wouldn't reach the ground and to stop it was even harder using curbs or a friend. I had a old Suzuki 65 that was similar but not as fast and nice and was missing the tank rubbers. Those were the days.

Thx for your reply
God Bless

#5 ·
When I was a kid a friend mine had a Honda c50 2 stroke that was full sized that probably did every bit of 95mph that looked similar to the Dream. Man, I really wanted that bike, even though when I rode it, I would have to start off on the centerstand because my feet wouldn't reach the ground and to stop it was even harder using curbs or a friend. I had a old Suzuki 65 that was similar but not as fast and nice and was missing the tank rubbers. Those were the days.

Thx for your reply
God Bless
My Dream was a 90 4 stroke, 1963, Bought it form a girl that was scared if it. Paid $300 and it had about 300 miles on it. I proceded to modify it and fix it to my liking because everyone known stock sucks. I hill climbed it until the motor would poop out and I would tumble down the hill. I raced it on the roads and went wide, into the ditch many times. Many sprained ankles, lumps, scrapes and bruises. Aah, good times.:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.