Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Out of curiosity... Has anyone tried to get extreme with hypermiling on the Grom? IE- full tuck mode, drafting, going into neutral, etc to get the best possible mileage out of this bike? I wonder who has gotten the most miles on 1 gallon. My high is only around 120.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Not yet. But I've thought about doing a completely "urban" tank to see what I get. No hills, 35-40 mph max, gentle acceleration, etc. to see the difference between all the WOT and hills my normal rides take.

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
"going into neutral"
probably the worst idea on a bike (as in may actually get you killed). you need power to get yourself out of many situations and to turn

the grom is so lacking in power, it's borderline dangerous already, adding time while you're shifting around...

Reactions: floppyzebra

·
Registered
93 Posts
"going into neutral"
probably the worst idea on a bike (as in may actually get you killed). you need power to get yourself out of many situations and to turn

the grom is so lacking in power, it's borderline dangerous already, adding time while you're shifting around...
And that is why this thing is so damn much fun

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
And that is why this thing is so damn much fun
yes. but i don't see how saving $0.10 a tank (if that lol) is worth the 10k hospital bills...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts