Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Looks like an older bike now. Cool if that is the look you were going for. I did not like the stocker either until I saw all of the new 2014 models of the big bikes at Honda and ordered the projector model. Good work tho!!

·
Registered
327 Posts
That looks very nice. How did you do it?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
RD400 Daytona with RZ350 styling. Not bad at all. Now relocate the horn and call it Fin' !
Thanks.

I'll be putting a Nautilus horn in the air box next. ;)

Looks like an older bike now. Cool if that is the look you were going for. I did not like the stocker either until I saw all of the new 2014 models of the big bikes at Honda and ordered the projector model. Good work tho!!
Thanks!

If you look under my avatar, you can see in my garage. Older Honda mini bikes are what I do.

Looks great!!! I love it. Who makes that exhaust?!? That is exactly what im looking for!!
Thanks!

I made the exhaust from a bunch of older exhausts.

Buell fly screen ? I had one on my 1988 Honda GT650. The blue colors actually almost matched.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
My buddy also asked if the screen was from a Buell! No it's all just Monkey bike parts. Check out the Monkey-R in my garage. It's also a 1988. Notice the similarities to your GT650?

That looks very nice. How did you do it?
Thanks!

Lots of thought and research. The rest is just turning screws and trying not to scratch things....:).

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
looks awesome. What is next in the list of to do?

·
Registered
178 Posts
More details Please shapeshifter. I love the retro fit and the overall bike look but help us out. As in where did you or can you get the parts? what part number is it? Links?
This kind of stuff helps out greatly.

Thanks

·
Registered
134 Posts
I think the beauty of this project is coming up with your own style and ideas. I am on the hunt for a harley/cruiser style headlight, I can't stand the stock headlight. Thumbs up to Shapeshifter for the individuality and concept that will no doubt be used by others including me.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I posted the picks here just to get some exposure and show it off! Thanks everyone for their comments - good or bad. Its hard to have a significant presence on more than one forum.

I have a build thread on a different forum. I will be updating all the specifics over there when I get some garage/computer time.

I also have some other ideas about brackets....

Sent from the diaphragm.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I think the beauty of this project is coming up with your own style and ideas. ......
This is the beauty of all custom projects.^^^

Some people go for as much off-the-shelf bling as possible, some people have their own machine shop to make whatever they need, and others have ideas that will never actually get built. It's all good.

I can say that for any of the little bikes I ever built, most of the time and effort was just daydreaming and planning and searching for just the right piece to finish it off.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts