Honda Grom Forums banner

I Got a Test Ride on a Grom!

24K views 48 replies 34 participants last post by  Pacific shadow 
#1 ·
Alright so here is the story:
My brother currently lives in France and my wife and I decided to go see him for our vacation Summer trip.
I took the opportunity to go to the local Honda dealer and I requested a test ride on a Grom (AKA the MSX 125 here). And they said yes. Why can't we do that here in the USA?

My first impression was: wow! That thing really looks cool in person!

When I sat on it, I found it to be really comfortable with an upright seating position and the rider's feet are right behind his butt. This is a super comfortable position for me. My arms were bent at a 90 degree bent and the reach to the bar with short. The handlebar is narrow so you don't spread out your wings in the wind. It's just really, really good ergos.

My first ride impression is that it turns very quickly. The 12" wheels make this little light weight super flickable. It feels solid at speed: I had it going at 55 mph and I still had a bit to go). When I came back to the parking lot, I started going in small circles and then I tried to lock up the rear wheel and before I knew it, I was doing stoppies. Did I mention this thing is FUN?...

So the Grom works perfectly on tight, curvy European roads. And I want one. I so want one right now. There's just a little part of me that wonder if the large, long American roads we have will suit the playful personality of the Grom. Did I hear anyone say "get another test ride!" I thought so too.

The Machine:

Grom Girl (you guys go easy: that's my wife)

Trying it out for size:

Ride ready:

See less See more
#2 ·
Wow awesome! Now I really want one!! Lol

#5 ·
Awesome! Nice writeup too.

========
Sent from my Droid intelliPhone!

#14 ·
Thank you kindly for the useful information, gore-tx. We innovators are hurling ourselves into the great unknown with our Grom purchases. But that is why it is so exciting. I am confident that having read and studied all I possibly can about the Grom that this will truly be a great experience.

#20 ·
Looks to me though like two up would be only for semi-emergencies for short distances since when I see just one person sit on the bike, it looks like there is perhaps 4 inches at most behind him. Depends on your size of course and if you are small enough and your passenger is small enough. At least it is legal.

#22 ·
Thanks for the review.

I would just keep it simple and buy one and have the wife ride with you on the back. good price to get around two riders right ;)

#29 ·
I'm not sure the Grom would be so great on such a long commute. If it was 5 miles or so, I would go for it but 24 miles seems little long.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.