Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked it up tonight. I was only able to ride it home as it soon rained. 5 miles of pure pleasure!

I am supposed to go riding with a buddy who has a ruckus this Saturday. It will be interested to make a comparison.

My wife has a PCX. She and I will be doing a lot of riding together.

2 impressions:
- the PCX is definitely faster than the Grom
- the Grom turns a lot faster than the PCX but it is still stable at speed (I had it at about 50 mph)

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!

It's a real blast so far. I took it to work today. I had a guy on a motorcycle who did a double take. He didn't know what he had just saw. :D

·
Premium Member
703 Posts
the shirt goes a long way, good support for the best (Honda)

congrats man make sure you take some pictures on that trip with the ruckus.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
looks sweet. mod time! gotta catch up to her PCX

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
congrats gore-tex! What do you have planned for the grom in term of mods?
I actually think I am going to leave it bone stock. It should be the only one. :p

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just came back from my ride. We had a blast! Yes the ruckus is slower than the Grom but it was fun all around. I clocked in a little over 60 miles and they were all city miles. I am at about 130 miles right now.

I had my first fill up. It came out to 114 mpg. I am real happy with it. I get about 90 on the wife's PCX. I am curious to see if I will stay in that range.

Couple more observations:

- top speed is quite low so far. I can get to 50 mph pretty quickly but getting beyond 50 mph take some time. I only achieved 56 mph. It won't go faster at this point. Given the horsepower, it's not surprising but still, 60 mph would be nice.

- my butt hurts. That damn seat! I guess I'm just too used to the PCX.

- the riding position gives the rider great balance at low speed. I will often come to a stop and I won't put my feet down. Nice.

- the Grom turns faster than a Ruckus! I'm starting to wonder if anything turns faster than this thing.

Oh, and we went to Lulu's Bakery. Home of the 3-pound cinnamon roll. (yes everything is bigger in Texas)

·
Registered
998 Posts
I just came back from my ride. We had a blast! Yes the ruckus is slower than the Grom but it was fun all around. I clocked in a little over 60 miles and they were all city miles. I am at about 130 miles right now.

I had my first fill up. It came out to 114 mpg. I am real happy with it. I get about 90 on the wife's PCX. I am curious to see if I will stay in that range.

Couple more observations:

- top speed is quite low so far. I can get to 50 mph pretty quickly but getting beyond 50 mph take some time. I only achieved 56 mph. It won't go faster at this point. Given the horsepower, it's not surprising but still, 60 mph would be nice.

- my butt hurts. That damn seat! I guess I'm just too used to the PCX.

- the riding position gives the rider great balance at low speed. I will often come to a stop and I won't put my feet down. Nice.

- the Grom turns faster than a Ruckus! I'm starting to wonder if anything turns faster than this thing.

Oh, and we went to Lulu's Bakery. Home of the 3-pound cinnamon roll. (yes everything is bigger in Texas)

I want one of those, how many cups of coffee/coco/milk you have to buy to finish one of those off.:D

That is even bigger than those Hawaiian Sweet bread that we get in the islands or in Calif from Kings Bakery Hawaiian bread.

Ride safe, I ordered a black one but Red looks nice.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Way to go! So that French test ride had you sold, huh? Does yours do stoppies and wheelies like the euro version did? LOL! Happy for you. (I got mine 11 days ago.)

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Way to go! So that French test ride had you sold, huh? Does yours do stoppies and wheelies like the euro version did? LOL! Happy for you. (I got mine 11 days ago.)
Yup! The test ride sealed the deal - I had to get one. I've tried to do a stoppie but the front brake is still too new. I'm getting pretty close though. :D

I wish dealerships would offer test rides over here. I always find it hard to sit on a bike and say, "ok, I'll take it" without knowing what the bike really does. If you think about it, that's kinda crazy. I don't know of anyone who would buy a car without trying it out first.

Congrats on yours!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nice choice on the red one. How tall are you? I'm trying to get an idea of how tall/short the bike is. Im 5'11.
I am 6 ft tall with a 32" inseam. The Grom fits me pretty well. I've had a supermotard before and the riding position feels a bit like it. I rotated the handlebar forward a bit so it's more comfortable. The original setup was too low and too close to me.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Here's a pic I took Saturday while riding in San Antonio.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Thanks, bro. Cool self portrait! Oh, Yeah! Same here with the bars. Trying to get a slight forward lean goin on, but I have the WeBike seat coming and with spongy front end...still workin' on it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts