GromForum.com banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
The seat is very hard, an adjustable rear shock would probably help (the suspension is "firm") and there is a long thread on here discussing replacement shocks, ranging from USD85 to over USD500. A forum search will find it.

Another option is to undo the staples on the seat and replace or add to the foam under the cover - maybe with a gel pad?

Jeff

·
Registered
218 Posts
Def not a touring bike, honestly ill be having so much fun i wont notice how hard the seat is. If my ass hurts, ill just stand up!

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
gel pad - memory foam

You could redo the seat to make it softer.

Aftermarket shocks to soften the rear end is another option.

The reports are that it's stiff.

Reactions: ayatad

·
Registered
237 Posts
Who is really going to be taking long rides on this? Its not a touring bike.
I am planning a trip across the T.A.T. from SC to central California.The Grom with dual sport tires would be perfect.I can pick it up easily if I drop it and set it over logs and fallen trees.I won't be carrying much.About as much as I carry for a weekend hiking or close to 30lbs.

·
Registered
254 Posts
instead of gel you should look into Supracor. I have redone seats in the past with it and the material is far superior to gel. It's just as supportive but it's softer and unlike gel, it doesn't hold any heat. That's the worst part about gel seats... they get hot as heck whenever it's sunny out. Supracor in your seat pad stays nice and cool but still offers that nice support you are looking for.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts