Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my grom on a trail. Here is some footage from the ride.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5E1ND44_IY&feature=share&list=UUZtNnNu7FQkBEYvoMxaHODw]Honda Grom and Suzuki DRZ trail ride #3 - YouTube[/ame]

I have more videos of this trip on my channel. Just click around and you'll see them labeled trail ride grom #X

and a few pictures

I was able to keep up with my friend and his suzuki drz. The shocks did bottom out quite often and of course off road tires would have helped.

Overall I had a blast and plan to do it again soon.

·
Registered
134 Posts
lol after watching your video of you bouncing around loosing control and almost going off the trail, i wouldnt take my grom up there until it has some better suspension travel and stickier tires

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
sweet. stock tires?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The knobbiest tire I've found for the Grom. But they seem to be european market only.

Maxxis Motorcycles

And...

Studded!!! :clap
The top ones look like dual sport tires and the bottom for ice? What I plan to do is find some extremely aggressive off road tires and put those on stock rims then find some after market rims with sticky street tires. I could then swap them around depending on the planned ride.

·
Registered
256 Posts
The top ones look like dual sport tires and the bottom for ice? What I plan to do is find some extremely aggressive off road tires and put those on stock rims then find some after market rims with sticky street tires. I could then swap them around depending on the planned ride.
Same tires, but someone installed studs on the bottom set, they can't be bought like that. They are a Maxxis tire from Europe originally for scooters.

Trying to see how to get a set over here.

·
Premium Member
941 Posts
Nice video.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
any planned suspension work to make her behave better?
I am torn between additional modding and leaving her stock. As of right she performs well for my needs. She has enough umph for to get on the highway, cruise around town, she gets great mileage and she did ok off road. If I wanted to kill on the trails I'd just take the dirt bike, just like I would take the sports bike on the street for more speed.

I like what the grom is and I enjoy pushing her limits. People look at me like I'm crazy for doing what I do with her but there's just something about revving that little engine to it's peak that puts a smile on my face.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts