Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So when I saw the Grom I knew I needed another parking lot racer and hooligan bike that doesn't cause me to lose my license like my ZX14 threatened every time I rode it.

I look forward to modifying the suspension, pipe, fueling, sticky rubber, and lots of sliders.... as mine is going as a pit bike and a track bike to boot.

aftermarket needs to snap and wake up fast!

I pickup my Grom on Saturday where i will seat the rings in like every bike/car i have ever raced or streeted... lots of heat cycles, dropping oil early, and finally decel engine breaking

Break In Secrets--How To Break In New Motorcycle and Car Engines For More Power

Take it to a parking lot or track!
Chris

Reactions: daddysmut

·
Registered
998 Posts
I owned a 1987 YSR 50 when they first came out $1350 OTD and mod the shit out of it so it would do real 70mph. Use to ride hwy 9 to Alice's and the old Niles Canyon road up the Pleasanton Calif. Also rode that YSR-50 from San Jose/Sunnyvale to San Francisco using all the back roads or the old EL Camino roadway that was the main road during the 1800.

Riding everyday to work in the early 1987-1990 was a hoot since my co-workers said they could hear me coming to work almost 1/2 mile away due to my tooney pipes and modified airbox. Great gas mileage got about 70-90mpg. Sucked riding in the rain due to the small tires and the way the road was designed to run off rain water which had a curve/high spot in the road way and made the small tires slide to the edge of the road instead of staying in your lane.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.