Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put my deposit down in June now I am being told I will not have my bike until early October or later.

what the f***???

I am in Minneapolis, MN.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i dont know...once i get it i am going to rip the manager a new A55H0LE

if i can find one locally i will buy it and try to get my $1,000 deposit back...if they wont give it to me i will tell them to go F themselves.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
long story short i ordered 2 @ $500 each then they let me cancel one when my GF dumped me so I applied it all to one bike. I called a few other dealers and they said for all new orders I am looking at January so I have to keep this one on order. Im very close to moving to Texas though so if I move in a few weeks I have no idea what I will do. maybe ship it down there separate.

·
Registered
995 Posts
i dont know...once i get it i am going to rip the manager a new A55H0LE

if i can find one locally i will buy it and try to get my $1,000 deposit back...if they wont give it to me i will tell them to go F themselves.
Good luck on finding another one, hopefully you can take delivery of the other one much earlier. Didn't the dealer say if your deposit was refundable or not at the time you made the deposit?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i called a few dealers and they said the factory is screwing them over. one dealer in town here had 4 preorders and the factory cancelled 3 of them already and only shipped 1 bike. he said that lots of customers are pissed off.

I dont see why it is so hard to build this thing.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Seems like most dealers were allocated three. And I imagine, like with most any intial offering, they want to test the waters.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Honda parent company required the deposits to be refundable. If they refuse then a Honda rep can force them to refund you. Sadly though, at this point you won't get one any sooner from any other dealer closer so I'd say you should keep your deposit with your local dealer until you know what's going on with your move.

The fact is, Honda just didn't ship many here so it's not your dealers fault the bike won't come in until later.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
better than my dealer. they don't even know when its going to arrive.

·
Registered
108 Posts
The dealers I called here in Kansas City wanted a $500 non-refundable deposit. So you had to literally buy the Grom before ever seeing one in person. But, I think everyone knew they wanted it without riding it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
No dealer I have ever worked with has asked for nonrefundable deposits. It's just a tasteless business practice and I'd avoid them completely.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I put my deposit down in June now I am being told I will not have my bike until early October or later.

what the f***???

I am in Minneapolis, MN.
I'm waiting here in the twin cities, too. I've stopped by the dealership a couple times since putting down my initial deposit and tossed more money to pay it off only to find that mine didn't ship on the 25th because its was somehow tied up with the dealership's financing with Honda, whatever the system is where dealerships finance their inventory.

It only took the third or forth call asking where it is before someone finally asked what the asterisk next to my shipment was.

So it goes...

1 - 20 of 42 Posts