GromForum.com banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Premium Member
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seeing how every one thinks that Honda came up with such a weird name for the North American counter part of the MSX 125 calling it "The Grom".

If you could change the name to something better what would it be?

For me I would suggest Honda "Raging Ruckus" or "Ruckus X" Since this bike suits both the name and attitude.

What do you think? :cool:

·
Registered
255 Posts
The Grom just sounds a little too odd for me to be honest. For someone who doesn't know much about bike imagine telling them you own a Honda Grom. I am sure they would think of something else.

I like Raging Ruckus. The only one I could come up with is The Honda Project X :(

·
Registered
132 Posts
I wouldn't give it a powerful name. It's not that kind of bike. It would need a name accurately represents what the bike is about.

How about about the Honda Stunt Monkey?

It would also be a kind of tribute.

·
Registered
74 Posts
i'd like to hear honda's reason for calling it the grom and not just sticking to MSX125, nearly every other Honda bike has a name that consist of letters and numbers, why not this bike in America and any other market it's not badged a MSX125.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I would call it the Honda Chaos, cause we can cause a lot of chaos with this bike :p
haha I like name but it wouldn't suit this bike. I know that this bike would be capable of but once people see the name they will chuckle because of it's size.

·
Registered
233 Posts
The two names that I am liking right now is Raging Ruckus and Honda Chaos. Both of those would make a great name for the MSX 125. Who else would agree with me.

·
Registered
175 Posts
How about the Honda Bouncing Betty? Lol I'm kidding even though a lot of stunt guys could justify that name. Maybe just leave it as MSX 125.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
I like the GROM name. I am fine with it. Wouldn't work for the existing Ruckus if we called this a Ruckus too. One is still a scooter.

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
Grom is strange but so is the bike. I like the Mini Street Xtreme. MSX name

·
Registered
61 Posts
How about "Honda One" oh wait they are not affiliated with microsoft....

Grom sounds cool to me, its unique, if anyone looked it up a GROM is defined as a young surfer.

·
Premium Member
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Another thing I thought of is if Honda just made a platform bike and we got to name out own somehow and create title or name templates depending on what we come up with. If you look at most of the MSX 125 in thailand they are all different, well from all the aftermarket accessories.

Reactions: Shocker

·
Registered
23 Posts
How about "Honda One" oh wait they are not affiliated with microsoft....

Grom sounds cool to me, its unique, if anyone looked it up a GROM is defined as a young surfer.
I like the sound of Honda One but it might be better suited for a super race bike that they haven't made yet.

Grom is alright. at least it's not feminine right? :cool:

·
Registered
187 Posts
I am removing my decals that say "GROM" on the side, I think the name is rediculous.
MSX125 decals will be replacing it. It does not need a "name". Except MINE :)

1 - 20 of 58 Posts