Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What a nice sunny Sunday, I decided to install my tires on the Grom OEM Gold rims.
I bought the No-Mar Jr Pro system a couple of years ago at the San Mateo International Motorcycle show that comes every Nov. I got the system with both the hitch mount and the stand mount.

Trying to figure out the proper way to install the tire on a small rim was a challenge but I manage to install the darn tire. Biggest problem was trying to figure out what amount of tire lube I should put on the tire and rim.

setting up the NO-MAR on the back on my Tundra truck trailer hitch
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 640x426.

First up was the Front gold rim
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 640x426.

Second was the rear rim

Getting the tools in place

Both tire/rims done, next is air and balance

the Gold painted cushing unit for the rear tire color does not match so I have to ride around to the various auto/paint shop and see if I can get a paint that is close to the OEM Gold rim color

I painted the second set of stock exhaust shield silver but this time I taped off a small black section that goes down towards the ground since the first shield that I painted that small section that goes down wards made the exhaust shield look too FAT for the style of the Grom.

·
Premium Member
941 Posts

Looks like a nice setup.

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
I have the bigger no-mar mounted to a pallet. it was an ABSOLUTE BEAR doing my nsr's 12" tires. to the point I switched to spoons because I kept breaking tips.

the no-mar rule with lube is "more can't hurt" just don't put it on the bead. drop center needs lube, the "upper" lip of the wheel needs lube

btw, I also have a tundra :) I think we share a very similar taste in vehicles and tools :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts