Honda Grom Forums banner

Is the integrated taillight a key mod you are wanting?

• Hell Yes I will put a deposit down now

Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Yes but I will wait to order

Votes: 16 53.3%
  • I might switch if it is brighter than my current setup

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • No I am happy with what I have

Votes: 3 10.0%
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are working on this and looking to see how many are interested in this. Please answer honest. It's going to take a little time to make this complete start to finish. A new taillight with led's for running/brakes and signals, OEM plug n play. Light will be as bright as possible for brake and signals.

An idea of what it would look like "size/shape/fitment will be the same as OEM"

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would have to do some editing to a picture to give you an idea. This isn't done "YET" we are working on it and looking to see how many are interested. We want to put as much reflection in the lens to give the most amount of light output. The idea is to make this as bright as possible for brakes and signals. Ideally the light will look just like the OEM one does but with a clear lens so the amber led's will shine through nice and bright.

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here is an idea of the lens layout I have in mind.

For those wondering about our past, this is our 07-12 600rr taillight we designed to work in this bike. This bike didn't have a taillight in this place, it was located under the exhaust and we made this from scratch to this.

Here is what the bike looked like with OEM mudflap and our taillight installed.

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The grom lens will have reflectors in the lens to provide as much light output as possible. There has to be a demand for this to make. We can't front this kind of money to make it if it's not going to sell. Know that we will make this as bright as possible and use the best products available.

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
With only around 10 votes for buying and over 400 views on the thread we need some more votes!!!!!! Doesn't look like many are interested in having a light brighter than stock or any other light out there. I can promise you it will be!!!! Led's are what we know and blinding people is what we do!!

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Having done this before the red lens dims the amber led's so much. It takes away the whole effect of doing integrated signals. With a clear lens we can give you a brighter running/brake light and brighter signals.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.