Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone buying another bike besides the Honda Grom?

Just thought of another topic to cover. Do you guys have plans to buy another bike besides the grom?

I currently on a Harley Forty Eight and want to change up the riding style. A couple choices I have been playing with is Yamaha R6, Kawasaki ZX-6, Honda CBR600RR and Suzuki GSX-R 750. Any suggestions? Which one would you get?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Interesting you want to switch from a harley to a super sport. Usually the transition is the other way around. Well anything goes its your choice. I don't want to be biased but you can't go wrong with the gsxr 750, I had a 1000 but got a little too comfortable and bombed. From what i heard of the bunch the cbr600 is the most comfortable though.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Oh dave you switching it up? I have never rode a Harley before but I would imagine it's way more comfortable than a SS since your sitting up right most of the time and your knees are in a better position.

Why don't you just try out all the bikes you mentioned and see which one is the most comfortable for your riding style. Everybody is different. The only thing I find is the R1 and R6 have a more aggressive seating position, in some cases meaning it would be uncomfortable to ride for long periods.

Mid weight bikes are more or less the same with slight differences only in certain cases where you would feel the differences in the bikes individually.

·
Registered
44 Posts
It just really depends what your intention is for riding really. Is it more of a commuter, weekend riding, or a track bike.

This might help a bit.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veXxpqE9yPg]Mid-Weight Shootout! CBR600RR vs GSX-R600 vs 675R vs ZX-6R vs 848 vs F3 vs R6 - On Two Wheels Ep. 34 - YouTube[/ame]

·
Premium Member
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow thanks for the feedback guys.

I didn't expect to see so much in such a short time. looks like we have a lot of gixxer fan here. I can agree with the gsx750 having the best of both worlds. Power and balance is all there. That is why I considered it in the first place.

It's just riding is a Harley is good but I just lost the passion for it and feel it's a bit out of my age group. I need a little more adrenaline and go through turns and throw the knee when possible. You can't do those things with the Harley. Maybe when I want to calm down a bit I might jump back in to it. I will probably try test riding all of those before I pull the trigger.

Reactions: Grommy and Thrasher

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'll admit that the daytona 675 is good looking but don't let the good look fool you. There has been numerous reports regarding to the engine issues and failure. I would think twice before jumping to the the triple bandwagon. My friend has engine sputter issues and idling issues until the engine finally went lucky for him it got replaced under warranty and he sold it right after.

·
Registered
233 Posts
At the moment I have no plans to switch my bike but slowly when I do get more comfortable I may jump to a 1000c or even more. The Grom will be keeping me busy for a while. It's just sometimes after riding such a big displacement bike its soothing once to ride something smaller. Can't wait to get on the Grom.

@Bama_Dave If you really have to I would stick with the Honda for reliability. Those engines are bullet proof. You just can;t go wrong with honda.

Stay away from the finicky bikes where they require attention for maintenance and care. Unless you have money to burn and time to waste for issue then so be it.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Wow thanks for the feedback guys.

I didn't expect to see so much in such a short time. looks like we have a lot of gixxer fan here. I can agree with the gsx750 having the best of both worlds. Power and balance is all there. That is why I considered it in the first place.

It's just riding is a Harley is good but I just lost the passion for it and feel it's a bit out of my age group. I need a little more adrenaline and go through turns and throw the knee when possible. You can't do those things with the Harley. Maybe when I want to calm down a bit I might jump back in to it. I will probably try test riding all of those before I pull the trigger.
I used to ride my dad's Road King all the time, it was a nice cruiser but just so heavy.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
If I wont the lottery I'd be buying much more than a GROM. Until that happens..

·
Registered
17 Posts
I recently sold my Triumph T100 to make room for something different. I was convinced I was going to get a Suzuki DR650SE but I have to admit that I am now considering the CBR500R.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.