Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm wondering, is the Grom a gateway bike? Something like the first needle before youre hooked with no end in sight ;)

The Grom is going to be the first bike i actually own but I'm worried its going to lead to out of control spending and uncontrollable desire to have more two wheelers :eek::eek:

Plus who doesnt want to be just as cool as all the guys at the office... :cool:

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
i see it as opposite. it's more likely to be a poor choice for noobs, but those who grom well will find big bikes easier.

·
Registered
149 Posts
those who grom well
And Grom is now a verb. Hell yeah. :D

That being said, I think it could be a gateway, but there are going to be those people who ride a Grom, and that's it. Not everyone wants a huge and intimidating steel horse when a friendly little pack mule will do just fine.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I see the Grom as whatever you want it to be. If you're a brand new rider and want something super friendly, you got it! Or if you're a seasoned rider and just want a smaller, less serious (but potentially more fun) stablemate for your big boy bike, well...the Grom fits right in there too!

I'm only 25, and my father just can't figure out how, in my testosterone-packed youth, I would want any less than the RC51 I've got sitting at home. But I get it; you can't always be so serious like you've got something to prove. That's not to say I won't be making my Grom into a bad ass piece of work...it's already begun :D

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts

·
Registered
998 Posts
So I'm wondering, is the Grom a gateway bike? Something like the first needle before youre hooked with no end in sight ;)

The Grom is going to be the first bike i actually own but I'm worried its going to lead to out of control spending and uncontrollable desire to have more two wheelers :eek::eek:

My first real new motorcycle after getting out of the Navy serving 6 yrs active duty was a 1987 YSR-50 from that day forward began my motorcycling riding history I have bought and sold a few motorcycles from V-twin to sports motorcycle. The Grom brings me back to the roots of motorcycle riding another small motorcycle to remind me of the times I had a big smile on my face going down the expressway on my little YSR-50. Yes if I want to go very fast I just roll out my 1999 unrestricted Suzuki Hayabusa and eat up the highway cement/tar at lighting speed or cruz trhe expressway enjoying the ride on the Grom.

·
Registered
237 Posts

If you find that you like riding,you will have more bikes in your future.ACCEPT IT! I wouldn't call it a getaway bike.The term "getaway" has different meaning to each person.For me it means getting deep into the wilderness on an animal track.So for me the Grom would go there.For most.It will be an escape from life for a day.

There are no guys at my office.If there are,they better drop what's in their hands and run like hell.

And Grom is now a verb. Hell yeah. :D

That being said, I think it could be a gateway, but there are going to be those people who ride a Grom, and that's it. Not everyone wants a huge and intimidating steel horse when a friendly little pack mule will do just fine.
I don't know what a verb is but grom on. :143:

·
Registered
86 Posts
I think the Grom is the type of bike that you ride at your friend's house and then go, "wow, that was fun!" A few months down the line you want your own, and then after that you'll probably want something bigger. So yes, I think it could be called a gateway bike.

·
Registered
995 Posts
I think the Grom is the type of bike that you ride at your friend's house and then go, "wow, that was fun!" A few months down the line you want your own, and then after that you'll probably want something bigger. So yes, I think it could be called a gateway bike.
Well said.

It's why a lot of guys that already have bigger bikes into the 1000cc range still want a grom, it's just a cool little bike to beat around in, but going on long distance runs, bigger bikes are better

·
Registered
237 Posts
Well said.

It's why a lot of guys that already have bigger bikes into the 1000cc range still want a grom, it's just a cool little bike to beat around in, but going on long distance runs, bigger bikes are better

It's all matter of opinion.I find 500cc to 650cc standard or cruiser to be the best for me when riding long distance.I am a short fat guy tho.I have rode bikes from 50cc to 1400cc.It took 20+ years of sifting through bikes to find my preference.It's all about preference.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.