Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Super easy.
* Pull the seat, turn it over and locate the two nuts that hold the strap on. These nuts also hold the seat stays that cause your pain.
[/LIST]

* Pull those nuts off, then the strap, then your metal brackets/stays.

Now put on 1 or two flat washers... they can be thin gauge. It won't take much to get you where you need to be. You might even add three if you're really fighting with it. I used the washers I had left over from pulling off the extra reflectors and crap that the dealer put on.

Now put your nuts back on ;)

You should be able to get your seat on and off a little easier now. I took a video after I added the washers, but you can't see it very well.

Good luck!

·
Registered
327 Posts
I couldn't get the seat stays off the bolt, so I just cut the strap at the stays and left them in.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Wicked fix! This should be a sticky and in the future added to a DIY mega thread. I know a lot of members will appreciate this one.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Why not use a nice flange nut and ditch the washer altogether?
Good point, using a flange nut is the better way to go about this. As you know it will make it less likely for this setup to loosen, we don't want our seat to get loose ;)

I think some even have a locking feature to them so it in the end will result in a tighter hold.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I couldn't get the seat stays off the bolt, so I just cut the strap at the stays and left them in.
They are a pain to get off... but you can get them off. Maybe take a pair of ***** and cut the metal tab, but that's really not necessary. I actually "unscrewed" one side of the strap to get it off of the bolt. .

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Why not use a nice flange nut and ditch the washer altogether?
The washers go under the stay to create a little height so that the seat can lift when you release it with the key. YOu can put whatever kind of nut you want to hold it on... that doesn't matter. YOu ahve to put some kind of spacer between the seat and the stay/bracket.

·
Registered
178 Posts
That strap was killing my ass anyway

Super easy.
* Pull the seat, turn it over and locate the two nuts that hold the strap on. These nuts also hold the seat stays that cause your pain.
[/LIST]

* Pull those nuts off, then the strap, then your metal brackets/stays.

Now put on 1 or two flat washers... they can be thin gauge. It won't take much to get you where you need to be. You might even add three if you're really fighting with it. I used the washers I had left over from pulling off the extra reflectors and crap that the dealer put on.

Now put your nuts back on ;)

You should be able to get your seat on and off a little easier now. I took a video after I added the washers, but you can't see it very well.

Good luck!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts