Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have had my grom for over a month now and pretty much ride it to work and home before all the real modding comes in. Now it stock its good for a regular everyday get around town bike that has some fun to it. Honda should have made the 4th gear a little closer as I think its too long and the suspension is too soft. Brakes the front is alright could use better braking power but thats a easy fix as for the rear brake the pedal must be pushed too hard for my liking. Ive put just over 200 miles on the bike and I will say it is fun for what it is, a toy bike. Now just like with my ruckus I will soon do too many mods to it because its going to fun I will update you all on the build when it starts as well but one thing about it its a cool fun little bike and I cant wait to see what everyone else does as well.

·
Registered
86 Posts
What type of mods are you planning on doing to the Grom? Are you going to start with the slight problems that you wrote about in your little review here?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Yeah I'm rolling up to a month in a few days just shy of 600 miles. I went ahead and checked the valves which are spot on and did my second oil change Saturday. The trans is slowly getting smoother I'm hoping when I switch to synthetic on my next change at 1k that 1 to 2 feels as smooth as the rest. Suspension is a must as well as a good tune. And lots of carbon fiber

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yea I know its low miles but you must realize I have more than one bike to ride and in the past month if you add all my miles its just about a thousand.

As for mods you guys will see it once im done I dont wanna tell too much

·
Registered
134 Posts
ive only got 200 miles on my grom and ive had it for about 1.5 weeks

some ppl have other toys you know, that go faster then 55mph lol

·
Registered
51 Posts
Mine will be mostly for work and to run to the store, Walmart, gamestop, etc. Just luck the smaller highway through town has a side road right to a Walmart shopping mall. The only really think I could need to get on the main highway for may be to get to fastenal or or to take a shortcut to work from the house. I've ridden one (currently Gromless) and much better than my old elite 50 scooter, and more reliable than my old goldwing.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Well it does have a steering lock and walmart is notorious for having a crap load of cameras on their lot. I've park the scoot I had out front many a times and never came to it stolen. But then again I don't have a high vehicle theft rate where I live.

·
Registered
134 Posts
dood its a grom, most thieves will pass and look for a sportbike with bling bling on it, they lookat some mini thing with 12' tires and go wtf is that and move on

now if your crackheads have seen some grom prix videos - then your gonna have problems with them lifting it, literally because 1x human can pickup the grom

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
dood its a grom, most thieves will pass and look for a sportbike with bling bling on it, they lookat some mini thing with 12' tires and go wtf is that and move on

now if your crackheads have seen some grom prix videos - then your gonna have problems with them lifting it, literally because 1x human can pickup the grom
Mine is right at 218lbs

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 16 of 16 Posts