Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
WOW, I did'nt even know there was a Ninja 300. I was once a proud owner of Ninja 250 before jumping into the mini racing scene. Just read the specs on 300. Impressive bike but maybe just a tad bit over priced?

·
Registered
16 Posts
That's unfortunate... Never been a huge fan of the Ninja 250s but I really liked the way the 300s looked and up until now I had heard a lot of good things about them.

·
Registered
998 Posts
They are junk. Nothing like Honda quality.
yep I had a 1988 VLX-600 and that thing/motorcycle was cool looking and it went everywhere on or off road and the engine never failed the front bearings failed and the chain failed on me but the engines honda makes are bullet proof, just like the engine in my Suzuki 1999 hayabusa with over 76,000 hard riding miles and still going strong and the front comes up anytime I want it to plus ZERO valve job, only maintenance is clean/oil chain or replace chain once, change oil/filter, change spark plugs, couple recalls on gas fuel pump filter problem and CCT "cam-chain-tensioner" problem, change and replace worn out brake pads, tires, etc.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I owned 2 Ninja 300s and have since traded them for other stuff. I trade a lot. They both exhibited the stall, but not bad. The beauty of the Ninja 300 was that you could cruise on the interstate at 80 mph easily. I had both of mine to just over 100 mph. 6th gear is very tall. Seat and riding position were comfortable. Acceleration is just so-so and only slightly better than the Ninja 250r. Then there is that valve lash to deal with at 7500miles, where just like with the 250r you have to take off a bunch of stuff just to get to it. Still, it is a fantastic bike especially for interstate commuting. MPG was very good also...even more than the 250r with the FI added. Now with the ECU fix available, it is even a better bike. Kawa is selling a bundle of them. Oh yes, wider rear tire than the 250r and a slipper clutch which probably saved a few new riders from skipping out the rear tire and crashing. Well worth the money. Bike of the year in my opinion. If they put out a naked version, I'll buy another. I'm not a fan of fairings or the added weight they bring. I suppose the flyscreen helps with higher speed riding and won't be on a Naked bike, but I rode my Triumph Street Triple at 80+ and my Vespa 300 over 80 and they don't have a fly screen a do just fine.

·
Registered
18 Posts
WOW, I did'nt even know there was a Ninja 300. I was once a proud owner of Ninja 250 before jumping into the mini racing scene. Just read the specs on 300. Impressive bike but maybe just a tad bit over priced?
I'd stop opt for the 250 since half the point of buying it is to get a cheap bike that you can learn on and get all of your money back out of it (for me at least), and like you said the 300s are just overpriced.

I actually made a couple hundred bucks off of my 250 after a year of learning to ride on it. Pretty much just covered registration fees and plates, but cant complain :)

·
Registered
128 Posts
I think the Honda quality as you say was true at one time, but not really any more. Too many Ninja 250r with 40,000 miles on them to claim Kawasaki does not put out quality bikes. The best bike I ever owned was the GSX-R1000, also not a Honda. Never a problem in over 10,000 miles and I ride it hard. Not saying it's better than the Honda liter bike...but it is just as good. All the Japanese bikes are dependable. Now if you want to pick on Italian bikes, be my guest, but saying one Japanese brand is better than another is just not accurate...any more if it ever was.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts