Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone drove it yet? It's out here now for around 6k USD i am thinking about getting one. Keeping the MSX to play around and the Ninja to have a reliable bike.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Great option if you live in Thailand.

A nice upgrade from a 250 and there are a good amount of modifications for it already.

it's a nice looking motorcycle. For a bit more you could also look at the Honda CB500 which is another step up from the ninja 300

·
Registered
26 Posts
i rode one at Daytona Bikeweek, it is utterly amazing, perfect riding position, excellent engine and so very pretty in green
the engine sounds unreal at low RPMs, like its a spacecraft, then as soon as you hit 10k it screams like a beast.
ive always said my ninja 250 was perfect it just needed that little extra for the highway. the new 300cc engine with fuel injection is exactly that

·
Registered
995 Posts
I have heard nothing but good things about the Ninja 300's, I think you can even pick them up used in like-new condition for a really good price, you might want check your local classifieds before buying one new.

As mention above a CB500 might be a better option, even a CBR500, you might get bored of the Ninja 300 quickly, wishing you had more power.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Just thought that I would post a couple pics of the Ninja 300 for reference.

that one with the ABS, thats the one i want

it goes 110mph. thats plenty to pass on the highway. i do most of my riding going 80 on the highway. and its got the 6speed transmission so you can chill on the highway without having to rev the hell outta it, i wouldnt take the grom on the highways here. and its under 400lbs, so its fantastic to throw around corners.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Yea I don't really think the Grom is appropriate for highways either. You'd need to up the size of the bike a bit before I felt comfortable on the highway. I guess that is where the Ninja comes in. It must cost a bit more than the Grom though. Anyone know how much it goes for?

·
Registered
998 Posts
Jesus! Compared to the CBR250, that 300 is QUICK AS HELL!
even with two 220 lbs riders with riding gear

That is why I said if Kawi would take their discontinued Ninja 250 and re-engineer the fuel system for FI instead of carbs and re-engineer the frame to mount a Grom size tire/rim but increase the rear with a wider rim size and tire and they will kill the Grom sales if they could keep the price down to the Grom price.

It would be battle of the small bikes.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yea I don't really think the Grom is appropriate for highways either. You'd need to up the size of the bike a bit before I felt comfortable on the highway. I guess that is where the Ninja comes in. It must cost a bit more than the Grom though. Anyone know how much it goes for?
All about location.. it's about $6k USD here.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Would the ninja be a better choice then the grom for simple city riding?
No way the grom is like riding a bmx bike it goes where you want it to. The closest thing I have ridden that I can compare it to is a tw200 or old Dr200 but with razor handling. I feel like*I plot my lines more with my rf where the grom is just instinctive in tight quarters

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.